Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Best Processor for Gaming and Recording (AMD FX 8350 Or Intel i5)

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • CPUs
  • Processors
  • AMD
  • Intel i5
Last response: in CPUs
June 26, 2013 9:16:29 PM

Hello all!

First off, I apologize if this thread is repetitive, but I could not find a thread that was as specific to my situation.

I'm building myself a new machine for gaming and recording while I play. I'm purchasing a Samsung 840 120GB to boot into and save recordings to.

My question is: Between the AMD FX-8350 and the Intel i5 (Some Number)k, which will best suit my needs?

MY NEEDS: I plan to play higher end games such as Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3, and want to be able to record my gameplay as well with minimal to no frame rate loss.
All this while running Teamspeak and/or steam in the background.

Additional Questions: Would overclocking the 8350 to 4.7 - 5.0GHz with the liquid cooler installed affect the performance at all?

System Specs:

GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX 750W
CPU AMD FX 8350 OR Intel i5
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB
MB: Gigabyte 990FX
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
CPU-Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i
CASE: NZXT Phantom Full Tower w/ all 7 fans installed.
MONITOR: Asus 1080p LED

This rig is gunna run me around $1500, so I want to make sure I make the right decision the first time around.

Thanks to everyone who replies!

~Ala

More about : processor gaming recording amd 8350 intel

a c 1356 4 Gaming
a c 1466 à CPUs
a c 588 À AMD
June 26, 2013 9:28:29 PM

Intel 3570K and 4670K are both better for your needs than a 8350, even an older 2500K is about the same as the 8350 for what you've mentioned...
m
0
l
Related resources
June 26, 2013 9:38:03 PM

^ With the 8 cores the fx 8350 has could help with the recording he is doing. Also BF3 and Crysis 3 use the 8 cores to the advantage being CPU intensive games, with the tasks he is preforming I say the fx 8350 is the best choice.
m
0
l
a c 1356 4 Gaming
a c 1466 à CPUs
a c 588 À AMD
June 26, 2013 9:40:05 PM

Most software that records streaming video is 1 core, where the 8350 shines is in rendering video
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2013 9:43:15 PM

CPU and GPU said:
^ With the 8 cores the fx 8350 has could help with the recording he is doing. Also BF3 and Crysis 3 use the 8 cores to the advantage being CPU intensive games, with the tasks he is preforming I say the fx 8350 is the best choice.


Amds 8 core is slower then a 4670k in crysis 3 and bf3. Just because a game is multithreaded doesn't mean its going to perform better on a CPU with more cores
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 9:45:11 PM

Though he is still playing those CPU intensive games. Also with the overclocking he mentioned the 8350 can easily beat a 3570k. There has been reviews on youtube of both CPUs and most people agree the 8350 is better for future proofing.
m
0
l
a c 1356 4 Gaming
a c 1466 à CPUs
a c 588 À AMD
June 26, 2013 9:46:05 PM

Intel God said:
CPU and GPU said:
^ With the 8 cores the fx 8350 has could help with the recording he is doing. Also BF3 and Crysis 3 use the 8 cores to the advantage being CPU intensive games, with the tasks he is preforming I say the fx 8350 is the best choice.


Amds 8 core is slower then a 4670k in crysis 3 and bf3. Just because a game is multithreaded doesn't mean its going to perform better on a CPU with more cores

____________________

+1
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 26, 2013 9:56:04 PM

CPU and GPU said:
Though he is still playing those CPU intensive games. Also with the overclocking he mentioned the 8350 can easily beat a 3570k. There has been reviews on youtube of both CPUs and most people agree the 8350 is better for future proofing.


Don't put much faith in YouTube reviews. Trusted review sites have the 4670K steadily ahead of the 8350
Share
a c 1356 4 Gaming
a c 1466 à CPUs
a c 588 À AMD
June 26, 2013 10:04:31 PM

And actually an OCed 8350 can beat a 3570K (one of AMDs favorite ploys is to Pit their OCed CPUs against Intel CPUs, and I've even seen 8350 run at 5GHz - a 1 GHz OC...but hmm, let crank a 3570K and OC it, to what 4.7, 4.8, 4.9 (up to a 1.5GHZ OC and then compare them again, it runs away and hides from an 8350 .... there's also a matter of DRAM, an 8350 is rated up to 1866 at 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL 9 2 sticks total at 1866 that's 16GB of DRAM, my 3570K easily runs 32GB of 2400 sticks
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 27, 2013 4:09:40 AM

It honestly depends on what you want. If you want to go with more cores for threading, which only a few games use (AMD) or an overall range for the system (Intel). AMD can also be more future proof for such a mainstream price.
m
0
l
January 21, 2014 8:58:15 AM

fx 8350 for gaming and recording but if you are only playing games so then intel
m
0
l
a c 570 4 Gaming
a c 1148 à CPUs
a c 264 À AMD
January 21, 2014 9:01:34 AM

FX 8320 and put money saved towards a better GPU. FX 8320 will match an 8350 speed with ease.
m
0
l
a c 1356 4 Gaming
a c 1466 à CPUs
a c 588 À AMD
January 21, 2014 9:08:14 AM

asad dab said:
fx 8350 for gaming and recording but if you are only playing games so then intel


___________________________________

Am hoping a decision was already made as this thread is about 7 months old :) 
m
0
l
a c 570 4 Gaming
a c 1148 à CPUs
a c 264 À AMD
January 21, 2014 9:11:42 AM

Tradesman1 said:
asad dab said:
fx 8350 for gaming and recording but if you are only playing games so then intel


___________________________________

Am hoping a decision was already made as this thread is about 7 months old :) 


LMAO! I didn't notice that either. Usually I am on top of such things. :lol: 
m
0
l
a c 1356 4 Gaming
a c 1466 à CPUs
a c 588 À AMD
January 21, 2014 9:19:13 AM

logainofhades said:
Tradesman1 said:
asad dab said:
fx 8350 for gaming and recording but if you are only playing games so then intel


___________________________________

Am hoping a decision was already made as this thread is about 7 months old :) 


LMAO! I didn't notice that either. Usually I am on top of such things. :lol: 


___________________________________

I know, I've seen you out here, that's why I didn't reply to your post, dropped Asad Dab a note to watch dates, he responded to a couple of other older threads, you saw his/her date of response and jumped in, no worries, was a nice little rig you had popped up ;)  C U Around

T

m
0
l