FX-8350 voltage difference after bios install

I'm noticing that after my bios was refreshed with a clean bios install that the voltage now will hit into 1.45v frequently under load opposed to 1.39v tops before. Mind you nothing is overclocked, I loaded optimized default settings and only changed the ram frequency and timing. Is this voltage climb standard for most people?
3 answers Last reply
More about 8350 voltage difference bios install
  1. Also wanted to add that the bios refresh was promoted over concerns that the CPU temperature would frequently dip below ambient temperatures on idle for a bit the. Climb a tax over and then below again. This was also seen on stock before and I'm seeing it now after the refresh.
  2. Tom's seems skewed toward intel users but I'm sure there's enough of a sample size here at Tom's to give me an idea what peak voltage is under load at unadjusted settings in bios
  3. Vulpes vulpes said:
    Tom's seems skewed toward intel users but I'm sure there's enough of a sample size here at Tom's to give me an idea what peak voltage is under load at unadjusted settings in bios

That seems just a bit high...since you're not overclocked, try dropping your vcore down to 1.35 and see if you still run stable...that should be normal vcore.
Ask a new question

Read More

Default BIOS CPUs