Sign in with
Your question

7850 OC on 500 w ?

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2013 2:06:45 PM

Im planing on buying 7850 OC 2GB edition card. My question is would it run on 500w PSU without any problems ? PSU is not something special so but its in mid class I would say...

More about : 7850 500

June 27, 2013 2:11:25 PM

Zepa said:
Im planing on buying 7850 OC 2GB edition card. My question is would it run on 500w PSU without any problems ? PSU is not something special so but its in mid class I would say...

As long as you don't do any overclocking and you have a good brand of PSU you should be alright. What PSU do you have?
m
l
June 27, 2013 2:13:55 PM

mclovits said:
Zepa said:

As long as you don't do any overclocking and you have a good brand of PSU you should be alright. What PSU do you have?

Im not into any overclocking... Im not sure so I will check tomorrow and post all the info but I can say its not something " exspensive "

m
l
Related resources
June 27, 2013 2:17:36 PM

Zepa said:
mclovits said:
Zepa said:

Im not into any overclocking... Im not sure so I will check tomorrow and post all the info but I can say its not something " exspensive "

It could be potentially dangerous if your PSU were to fail, it's really up to you.
m
l
June 27, 2013 11:34:27 PM

mclovits said:
Zepa said:
mclovits said:
Zepa said:

It could be potentially dangerous if your PSU were to fail, it's really up to you.

I checkd out my PSU and it Antec Basiq 500w version... And at this point my card is 4870 dosent that card use 500 w same as 7850 ?
m
l
June 28, 2013 7:00:05 AM

I think you would be fine but I would try to avoid long hours of high load. Check out this 7850 http://amzn.to/14LXrV1 it's a great deal right now.
m
l
June 28, 2013 7:20:35 AM

byogamingpc said:
I think you would be fine but I would try to avoid long hours of high load. Check out this 7850 http://amzn.to/14LXrV1 it's a great deal right now.

By high load you mean gaming on high graphics for much hours ? Thanks for the link
m
l
June 28, 2013 8:17:04 AM

Zepa said:
byogamingpc said:

By high load you mean gaming on high graphics for much hours ? Thanks for the link

If you've been running a 4870 you shouldn't have any issues, Antec makes pretty nice PSU's, you'll be fine.
m
l
June 28, 2013 8:37:55 AM

Zepa said:
byogamingpc said:

Yea, running your GPU at full load being 80-90% or more for hours at a time. You'd probably be fine doing so but you may want to take breaks. Download MSI Afterburner to monitor your GPU and you're welcome for the link. =)
m
l
June 28, 2013 10:48:40 AM

Thanks for help guys Im definatly taking one :) 
m
l
!