Solved

AMD or Nvidia for Battlefield 4...

So, AMD have made a deal with EA that means that BF4 will be optimised for AMD cards.

This being said, Nvidia cards outperformed AMD cards significantly in BF3. As such, which brand would it be better to get for BF4?

Are we going to see AMD leading Nvidia this time, with performance gaps as large as they were in BF3?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd nvidia battlefield
  1. Best answer
    Alpha benchmarks are pretty balanced towards both platforms currently with nVidia having a slight edge. But it is too soon to tell what the end result will be especially since GPU optimization isn't priority at this level of testing.


  2. That's interesting.

    The optimisation doesn't seem to have paid off, unless they haven't actually got round to optimising it yet :lol:

    I might have to return the 7950 that I ordered the other day, and get a GTX 760 instead, if the situation for AMD above doesn't improve.
  3. JRAtk94 said:
    That's interesting.

    The optimisation doesn't seem to have paid off, unless they haven't actually got round to optimising it yet :lol:

    I might have to return the 7950 that I ordered the other day, and get a GTX 760 instead, if the situation for AMD above doesn't improve.


    The 7970 for $310 is currently the best buy. Bare in mind that overclocking isn't taken into account and the game is in early testing.
  4. I live in the UK, so I can't purchase from best buy unfortunately :(
    cheapest you can get a 7970 in the UK is approximately £300.
    The GTX 760 is about £200, for comparison.

    And aiye, I thought that might be the case. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.
  5. It is always better to wait and upgrade when you actually have a need for more performance. I am sure you can find better deals near the release of BF4 around Christmas if your current card is proving sufficient performance for the games you are playing now.
  6. I think I will wait, yes :)

    I'll return the 7950 when it arrives though, get a refund, then choose the appropriate card when BF4 draws closer :)

    Thanks for the advice :D
  7. JRAtk94 said:
    So, AMD have made a deal with EA that means that BF4 will be optimised for AMD cards.

    This being said, Nvidia cards outperformed AMD cards significantly in BF3. As such, which brand would it be better to get for BF4?

    Are we going to see AMD leading Nvidia this time, with performance gaps as large as they were in BF3?


    the thing about the optimizations is that amd and DICE are working together on mante, which is an api that the game will use as a replacement to directx
    the problem with directx is that it is a high level api, which is required to support as many gpu's as possible
    mantle is a low level api, allowing for much faster access to the graphics card's features, like they do on consoles, which will result in a massive boost in performance(2x,3x) compared to directx
    but for bf4 to release the update to support mantle you'll have to wait till december
  8. loggfreak said:
    JRAtk94 said:
    So, AMD have made a deal with EA that means that BF4 will be optimised for AMD cards.

    This being said, Nvidia cards outperformed AMD cards significantly in BF3. As such, which brand would it be better to get for BF4?

    Are we going to see AMD leading Nvidia this time, with performance gaps as large as they were in BF3?


    the thing about the optimizations is that amd and DICE are working together on mante, which is an api that the game will use as a replacement to directx
    the problem with directx is that it is a high level api, which is required to support as many gpu's as possible
    mantle is a low level api, allowing for much faster access to the graphics card's features, like they do on consoles, which will result in a massive boost in performance(2x,3x) compared to directx
    but for bf4 to release the update to support mantle you'll have to wait till december

    what specific date?
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Battlefield AMD Nvidia