Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Recommend me a good motherboard.

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 27, 2013 11:55:28 PM

So I'm getting an fx 8320 and I'll be needing a good motherboard preferable with SLI capabilities and definitely one made for overclocking as I do this with my cpu and gpu.

I've found 2 already but I just want to make sure I'm making the best choice. I would say my budget would allow anything up to $120

here's my two but please feel free to add other choices for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058HUQJ0/ref=ox_sc_a... (SLI ready however the bios is not updated from the start for the FX 8320 so that's somewhat of a hassle)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008V9959O/ref=ox_sc_s... (no SLI capabilities but from the reviews it seems like a good board for overclocking.)
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2013 12:46:49 AM

I opened your links...those leads to the same mobo :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a c 106 V Motherboard
a c 175 à CPUs
June 28, 2013 12:50:52 AM

same mb in both links.

that said, the m5a97 r2.0 will work out of the box with an fx8320.
m
0
l
June 28, 2013 12:50:55 AM

guanyu210379 said:
I opened your links...those leads to the same mobo :) 


quite correct my friend I just updated it.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 106 V Motherboard
a c 175 à CPUs
June 28, 2013 12:53:17 AM

no on the asrock.

you don't ever want to buy a board without heatsinks on the mosfets when dealing with a 125W cpu. trust me on this one.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2013 12:57:58 AM

time for bed I do know the 990fx are good boards its a matter of what you want just got to remember the 970 are older tech that's all
m
0
l
June 28, 2013 1:01:45 AM

johnnyb105 said:
That's what I thought lol same board so if your a asus fan that should work or a good 990fx board as well check the egg out!


http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

pently of those here


Ok at first I thought it was only GIGABYTE GA-990FXA which had the problems but then I actually really looked at the link, my fault on that one.
m
0
l
June 28, 2013 1:03:41 AM

ingtar33 said:
no on the asrock.

you don't ever want to buy a board without heatsinks on the mosfets when dealing with a 125W cpu. trust me on this one.


alright duly noted
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2013 1:04:38 AM

Which one its a link to all the boards
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2013 1:08:11 AM

Don't go ECS if you don't like asrock go with asus and Good luck with gigabyte I never had luck with them but others have and swear by them. I got the 990fxe from biostar but its no longer made so I have had awesome luck with them myself.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2013 1:18:31 AM

If you go with a M5A99X R2.0 EVO or PRo or higher, you will get (2) 16X PCIe lanes. There is a M5A99X Pro for $125 on Amazon. MB's and PS are typically longer term purchases, although it sounds like Steamroller is going to require a change! The VRM is larger for better OCing, and I can't say enough about the the EPU, TPU modes on Asus's boards, quick and easy OC to high efficiency modes in Windows, with easy adjustment icons or manual sliders. They did a great job with the AI suite. I've been living with the M5A99x ( older board ) and it works extremely well. Used a 965, 6100 and lately a 8350.
http://www.amazon.com/M5A99FX-PRO-R2-0-990FX-Motherboar...
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a c 106 V Motherboard
a c 175 à CPUs
June 28, 2013 1:23:19 AM

johnnyb105 said:
Don't go ECS if you don't like asrock go with asus and Good luck with gigabyte I never had luck with them but others have and swear by them. I got the 990fxe from biostar but its no longer made so I have had awesome luck with them myself.


Generally for AMD cpus the two best MB manufacturers are ASUS and Gigabyte... Asrock is really hit and miss, with whole lineups suffering from machine destroying issues... tough to trust asrock with an AMD cpu (they make awesome intel boards though)

The Gigabyte GA-990FXA UD3/UD5/UD7 MBs are top of the line overclockers for FX cpus, asus has mbs in the same ballpark, The Sabretooth (which is a far better mb for AMD cpus then it is for intel) and the M5A99FX PRO/EVO; when you're working on a budget you can get good performance from a solid board like the Asus m5a97 r2.0 which is a very nice overclocker
m
0
l
June 28, 2013 2:37:03 AM

ingtar33 said:
johnnyb105 said:
Don't go ECS if you don't like asrock go with asus and Good luck with gigabyte I never had luck with them but others have and swear by them. I got the 990fxe from biostar but its no longer made so I have had awesome luck with them myself.


Generally for AMD cpus the two best MB manufacturers are ASUS and Gigabyte... Asrock is really hit and miss, with whole lineups suffering from machine destroying issues... tough to trust asrock with an asus cpu (they make awesome intel boards though)

The Gigabyte GA-990FXA UD3/UD5/UD7 MBs are top of the line overclockers for FX cpus, asus has mbs in the same ballpark, The Sabretooth (which is a far better mb for AMD cpus then it is for intel) and the M5A99FX PRO/EVO; when you're working on a budget you can get good performance from a solid board like the Asus m5a97 r2.0 which is a very nice overclocker


Yea both asus mobos are good and I am on a budget so the ASUS M5A97 R2 is looking really good at $99 right now besides the fact that its not SLI compatible everything looks good but you cant have it all.

m
0
l
!