Solved

Dr. Debug Code 00 on ASROCK 970 EXTREME4 AM3 ATX

Hello,

I am building my first PC and on the Dr. Debug I am getting the code 00. Nothing is being displayed on my monitor however all lights/fans are running properly. I am hoping that you all will be able to help me since I hear that this website is good at that. Thanks in advance.

SPECS:
Motherboard-ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CPU-AMD Sempron 145 Sargas 2.8GHz Socket AM3 45W Single-Core Desktop Processor

PSU-CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

RAM-CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model

GPU-GV-R795WF3-3GD AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about debug code asrock 970 extreme4 am3 atx
  1. CPU not installed right.
  2. Is the 20+4 connector snug to the mobo and how about the 4/8 ATX jack power by the CPU socket
  3. Tradesman1 said:
    Is the 20+4 connector snug to the mobo and how about the 4/8 ATX jack power by the CPU socket

    Yes I made sure that it was. Everything is aligned correctly also. Do you think it could be a faulty CPU?
  4. Does it power anything up? GPU, fans,drives, etc...CPU is a definite possibility, might check it, espcially for bent/broken pins
  5. Tradesman1 said:
    Does it power anything up? GPU, fans,drives, etc...CPU is a definite possibility, might check it, espcially for bent/broken pins

    Yes, it powers up everything that I can tell. No pins are broken or bent either. I am on Skype with two friends that are video chatting with me and can't see anything wrong either (they both have built numerous PC's and have a good deal of knowledge about them).
  6. Best answer
    MIght try bench troubleshooting, may be a short or something, have a guide here:

    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279
  7. Tradesman1 said:
    MIght try bench troubleshooting, may be a short or something, have a guide here:

    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

    I believe that the motherboard shorted out. Any recommendations on where to go from here (i.e. replacement, repair, return, ect.)
  8. Have you put it on a bench? If so try it there, if it was shortening due to a loose screw or something it may still be fine (workable)
  9. tourist said:
    Ck the ram voltage in the bios, make sure it is set to 1.5v


    Tradesman1 said:
    Have you put it on a bench? If so try it there, if it was shortening due to a loose screw or something it may still be fine (workable)

    Thanks for all your help. If this doesn't work I will return it and get a new one
  10. Sorry couldn't do more, I know how much I hate RMA (and what's worse how much the client's hate them and the delays)
Ask a new question

Read More

ATX Debugger Motherboards ASrock