Solved

AMD 8000 gpu series

I am working on my first pc build and I was told the next gen of AMD 8000 series was coming out in the next few months. Is that true? If so, then should I wait and get the next gen? What are your thought? What would you do if you we're in my position?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd 8000 gpu series
  1. Best answer
    Zenith808-1346869 said:
    I am working on my first pc build and I was told the next gen of AMD 8000 series was coming out in the next few months. Is that true? If so, then should I wait and get the next gen? What are your thought? What would you do if you we're in my position?


    yes you should wait for amd's next gen gpu's.
    1. because it might offer you a better price/performance for your money.
    2. nvidia will most likely cut the price of its current gpu's to undercut amd. so if you wish to go nvidia, their price then compared to now will likely be a little cheaper.
    3. maybe both companies will offer game bundles once amd's 8xxx series launch to entice gamers to their side.
  2. nokiddingboss said:
    Zenith808-1346869 said:
    I am working on my first pc build and I was told the next gen of AMD 8000 series was coming out in the next few months. Is that true? If so, then should I wait and get the next gen? What are your thought? What would you do if you we're in my position?


    yes you should wait for amd's next gen gpu's.
    1. because it might offer you a better price/performance for your money.
    2. nvidia will most likely cut the price of its current gpu's to undercut amd. so if you wish to go nvidia, their price then compared to now will likely be a little cheaper.
    3. maybe both companies will offer game bundles once amd's 8xxx series launch to entice gamers to their side.


    Thanks! Is it rumors or is it a fact that the 8000 series is coming out in the 3rd quarter of this year?
  3. Zenith808-1346869 said:
    nokiddingboss said:
    Zenith808-1346869 said:
    I am working on my first pc build and I was told the next gen of AMD 8000 series was coming out in the next few months. Is that true? If so, then should I wait and get the next gen? What are your thought? What would you do if you we're in my position?


    yes you should wait for amd's next gen gpu's.
    1. because it might offer you a better price/performance for your money.
    2. nvidia will most likely cut the price of its current gpu's to undercut amd. so if you wish to go nvidia, their price then compared to now will likely be a little cheaper.
    3. maybe both companies will offer game bundles once amd's 8xxx series launch to entice gamers to their side.


    Thanks! Is it rumors or is it a fact that the 8000 series is coming out in the 3rd quarter of this year?


    i've read about those too. but who knows? maybe they will maybe they won't. though its all just rumors and speculations, my money is on "yes they will and they should" :D
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs AMD Graphics