Best Graphics Card for Flight Simulator X

I am wanting to upgrade my graphics card to help me max out Flight Simulator X (FSX). The specs I have now are below. I don't want to spend to much and if I get a couple in mind, I will try and find a used one or something. Please reply and thanks for your help.

I5-2500K 3.3GHz
HIS Radeon HD5770
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Gigabyte P67-DS3-B3 motherboard
14 answers Last reply
More about graphics card flight simulator
  1. A GTX 650 would do amazing on MAX graphics but if you are not looking to play on max but medium settings, go with the ASUS NVIDIA gt 640 2gb.
  2. Otherwise you can also opt for HD 7850 2 GB - $140 - $160

    If you want to go for Nvidia side, you can buy GTX 650 Ti BOOST too. That is also a pretty strong card and to be honest, I would recommend it here. Costs around $160 - $180.

    If you could tell us your budget, we could give you more concrete and precise responses.
  3. KieranDavidW123 said:



    Sorry to be a pain, but is it possible that you could find that one, one similar or one a little better than that on www.eBuyer.com. I have £20 off there so that would be a help. Thanks :)
  4. luckiest charm said:
    Otherwise you can also opt for HD 7850 2 GB - $140 - $160

    If you want to go for Nvidia side, you can buy GTX 650 Ti BOOST too. That is also a pretty strong card and to be honest, I would recommend it here. Costs around $160 - $180.

    If you could tell us your budget, we could give you more concrete and precise responses.


    Maybe about £100 if that helps
  5. Was right.

    This is the very best you can get for £100.
    Things in USA are cheaper but not where you live so had to find out from your same website -

    http://www.ebuyer.com/398803-zotac-gtx-650-ti-1gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-dual-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-zt-61101-10m

    GTX 650 Ti is a lot faster than GTX 650 and usually sells for £130
  6. airbus319 said:
    luckiest charm said:
    Otherwise you can also opt for HD 7850 2 GB - $140 - $160

    If you want to go for Nvidia side, you can buy GTX 650 Ti BOOST too. That is also a pretty strong card and to be honest, I would recommend it here. Costs around $160 - $180.

    If you could tell us your budget, we could give you more concrete and precise responses.


    Maybe about £100 if that helps


    http://www.ebuyer.com/466946-msi-gtx-650-ti-1gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-mini-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-n650ti-1gd5-oc This is as good as you will get and it is very powerful it is the ti version which means a higher gpu base clock, go with this one without a doubt.
  7. If I were you I would stick with the MSI version of the GTX 650ti.
  8. KieranDavidW123 said:
    If I were you I would stick with the MSI version of the GTX 650ti.


    Hi again, will be getting the MSI one without dought, but can you just look at this? I think this one is better spec wise if I am correct?

    http://www.ebuyer.com/395656-zotac-gtx-650-amp-edition-2gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-dual-hdmi-pci-e-zt-61003-10m
  9. airbus319 said:
    KieranDavidW123 said:
    If I were you I would stick with the MSI version of the GTX 650ti.


    Hi again, will be getting the MSI one without dought, but can you just look at this? I think this one is better spec wise if I am correct?

    http://www.ebuyer.com/395656-zotac-gtx-650-amp-edition-2gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-dual-hdmi-pci-e-zt-61003-10m


    Wrong actually this may say it has 2gb of GDDR5 memory but I had a look at the memory bandwidth, pixelations per second, GPU base clock, Memory clock in MHz and I compared the 2, the MSI turned out to be better for GPU intensive games whilst the ZOTAC one supported more or less HD media. And plus ZOTAC isn't even a good GPU maker anyway they don't even specify in gaming, always stick with MSI, ASUS GALAXY, GAINWARD etc etc..
  10. KieranDavidW123 said:
    airbus319 said:
    KieranDavidW123 said:
    If I were you I would stick with the MSI version of the GTX 650ti.


    Hi again, will be getting the MSI one without dought, but can you just look at this? I think this one is better spec wise if I am correct?

    http://www.ebuyer.com/395656-zotac-gtx-650-amp-edition-2gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-dual-hdmi-pci-e-zt-61003-10m


    Wrong actually this may say it has 2gb of GDDR5 memory but I had a look at the memory bandwidth, pixelations per second, GPU base clock, Memory clock in MHz and I compared the 2, the MSI turned out to be better for GPU intensive games whilst the ZOTAC one supported more or less HD media. And plus ZOTAC isn't even a good GPU maker anyway they don't even specify in gaming, always stick with MSI, ASUS GALAXY, GAINWARD etc etc..


    http://www.ebuyer.com/487041-msi-nvidia-gtx-660-1072mhz-6008mhz-2048mb-192-bit-ddr5-fan-dl-dvi-i-hdmi-n660-2gd5-oc

    Would this be a good one? It would still hit my £100 mark with the £20 off coupon I got? Is this like double the power or something?
  11. EVEN BETTER my goodness me I think I am going to order this as well Jesus Christ Almighty! Go with this card WITHOUT A DOUBT! It is far better than the we stated earlier combined this will run just about any game you throw at it on MAX settings, Metro: Last Light, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 I could go on for hours mate GET THIS ONE!
  12. KieranDavidW123 said:
    EVEN BETTER my goodness me I think I am going to order this as well Jesus Christ Almighty! Go with this card WITHOUT A DOUBT! It is far better than the we stated earlier combined this will run just about any game you throw at it on MAX settings, Metro: Last Light, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 I could go on for hours mate GET THIS ONE!


    Hi again, Ive ordered it and it should be here Thursday. Thanks for all your help.... One last question, what is the best way of recording PC Games not using Fraps, EZCam etc but at the same time one thats not going to kill any frame rates.
  13. Bandicam works alright I guess
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics