Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

GTX 660 SLI vs GTX 760

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 30, 2013 5:00:37 AM

Which will be better, 2 Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB or a single GTX 760, i will be mostly doing video editing, rendering, 3D animation, as well as playing some games such as, Far cry 3, Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3.

More about : gtx 660 sli gtx 760

June 30, 2013 5:05:48 AM

for 3d rendering there is quadro
between the 2, the gtx 660 SLI will definitely win
m
0
l

Best solution

June 30, 2013 5:07:47 AM

Ash Cloud said:
Which will be better, 2 Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB or a single GTX 760, i will be mostly doing video editing, rendering, 3D animation, as well as playing some games such as, Far cry 3, Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3.


A pair of gtx 660 SLI are much much faster than a gtx 760. They are almost on par with a gtx 780. So go ahead and get the 660 sli.
Share
Related resources
June 30, 2013 5:31:11 AM

I have two 660gtxs in sli and absolutely love them. Blender renders on both cards and many apps will. Adobe apps will run great too after you change the CUDA gpu file to recognize the newer cards. Great for gaming most of all (I run Nvidia Surround). Really good value to go this route. You won't need a Quadro unless you are using engineering apps as they are no faster at editing or even many 3D apps.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 5:48:41 AM

I'd go single GPU over dual GPU. If you can afford 2 GTX 660s, you probably can afford the GTX 770 as well. I'd get that.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 6:11:48 AM

I used to only recommend single cards as I have had so many issues with multi gpu set ups in the past BUT, Nvidia has fixed the issues I had. I haven't had a single problem with any games and I have played most of the new games out there. For the money, this set up cannot be beat. By the way, I am running them along with a 3770k@4.5ghz, 3 SSDs, 1 HD, 32GB of memory, etc. off of a 620w Seasonic. The newer cards are so energy efficient.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 6:25:43 AM

maestro0428 said:
I used to only recommend single cards as I have had so many issues with multi gpu set ups in the past BUT, Nvidia has fixed the issues I had. I haven't had a single problem with any games and I have played most of the new games out there. For the money, this set up cannot be beat. By the way, I am running them along with a 3770k@4.5ghz, 3 SSDs, 1 HD, 32GB of memory, etc. off of a 620w Seasonic. The newer cards are so energy efficient.

The 760 isn't though, it needs 20w more than a 660Ti and only gets a few fps more.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 8:11:46 AM

Compared with the older 400 and 500 series, the 600 series is very efficient. The 760 and 770 series are essentially OC'd versions of 600, so no, they are not as efficient.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 8:13:35 AM

660 SLI = Overclocked GTX 780
m
0
l
July 6, 2013 10:29:40 AM

ayushde said:
Ash Cloud said:
Which will be better, 2 Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB or a single GTX 760, i will be mostly doing video editing, rendering, 3D animation, as well as playing some games such as, Far cry 3, Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3.


A pair of gtx 660 SLI are much much faster than a gtx 760. They are almost on par with a gtx 780. So go ahead and get the 660 sli.



This is a terrible solution, IMHO. The price difference between the GTX 760 and the 660 is about $20, but you get 256-bit memory, as compared to the 660's 192-bit limitation. Plus, the OC editions are the same price as the reference 760 cards and can further OC'd and has 1152 Cuda cores vs 960 on the 660.
m
0
l
July 23, 2013 8:25:09 PM

If you can afford 2 gtx 660's then i would recommend going with a single gpu instead. Something like a GTX 770 or an HD 7970 for good single gpu performance and by getting a gtx 770 or an HD 7970 you can save up your money and go with an SLi or XFire in the future or wait for a new line of graphics cards to come out.
You could even get 2 gtx 760's instead which would be about $100 more then the 2 660's but will be alot better and will last you alot longer.
m
0
l
!