Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Question about Levono and laptop I'm about to buy

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 30, 2013 8:00:27 AM

Edit: Thread closed.

Not sure why my last thread was locked. Anyhoo, is this a good laptop for its cost? http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y...


Also, I noticed lenovo screens are smaller than they advertise. I currently have a n HP Pavilion which measures 15.6; while lenovo has those laptops, their 15'6 screens seems more like 13-14. Anyone else think so?
a b D Laptop
June 30, 2013 8:12:32 PM

Simple answer. Yes it is :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 439 D Laptop
July 1, 2013 2:35:47 PM

I would pony up another $40 for the $839 model which has a 1920x1080 resolution screen instead of 1366x768. You are going to take a performance hit in games because 1080p has nearly 2x the number of pixels as 768p. Basically FPS can be cut in half.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y...

You can lower the resolution to 1600x900 or 1366x768 to improve performance. Graphics and text will not look as sharp when you lower the resolution below the maximum resolution, but it should still look good. For example, playing a game at 1366x768 resolution on a 1366x768 screen will look sharper than playing that lower resolution on a 1920x1080 screen.


I have the Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 which has a 1366x768 resolution screen. I find that resolution to be good enough to play games and watch movies. However, when I use it to surf the net, read, work on Excel files, I find that 1366x768 resolution to be too restrictive. The low resolution means I cannot see to many things at once on the desktop which makes multitasking more difficult. I plan on getting a 1920x1080 resolution screen for my next laptop.

If you don't really plan on doing anything more than playing games, then I guess a 1366x768 resolution screen should be good enough.
Share
Related resources
July 2, 2013 6:53:42 AM

Apparently, it suddenly went up $100. I got the, "no screen shots no proof."

Honestly, WTF?
m
0
l
July 2, 2013 7:03:47 AM

vmartelle said:
Not sure why my last thread was locked. Anyhoo, is this a good laptop for its cost? http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y...


Also, I noticed lenovo screens are smaller than they advertise. I currently have a n HP Pavilion which measures 15.6; while lenovo has those laptops, their 15'6 screens seems more like 13-14. Anyone else think so?


It was closed due to bumpage which was explained via PM before you started this thread so don't try and play the innocent because that sort of thing tends to cheese me off.
m
0
l
July 2, 2013 7:13:23 AM

Mousemonkey said:
vmartelle said:
Not sure why my last thread was locked. Anyhoo, is this a good laptop for its cost? http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y...


Also, I noticed lenovo screens are smaller than they advertise. I currently have a n HP Pavilion which measures 15.6; while lenovo has those laptops, their 15'6 screens seems more like 13-14. Anyone else think so?


It was closed due to bumpage which was explained via PM before you started this thread so don't try and play the innocent because that sort of thing tends to cheese me off.


I was "cheesed off" as well by the was it was handled.
m
0
l
July 2, 2013 7:16:43 AM

vmartelle said:
Mousemonkey said:
vmartelle said:
Not sure why my last thread was locked. Anyhoo, is this a good laptop for its cost? http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y...


Also, I noticed lenovo screens are smaller than they advertise. I currently have a n HP Pavilion which measures 15.6; while lenovo has those laptops, their 15'6 screens seems more like 13-14. Anyone else think so?


It was closed due to bumpage which was explained via PM before you started this thread so don't try and play the innocent because that sort of thing tends to cheese me off.


I was "cheesed off" as well by the was it was handled.


Well if you had bothered to read the rules before posting then the situation would not have arisen, would it?
m
0
l
July 2, 2013 7:21:21 AM

Mousemonkey said:
vmartelle said:
Mousemonkey said:
vmartelle said:
Not sure why my last thread was locked. Anyhoo, is this a good laptop for its cost? http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y...


Also, I noticed lenovo screens are smaller than they advertise. I currently have a n HP Pavilion which measures 15.6; while lenovo has those laptops, their 15'6 screens seems more like 13-14. Anyone else think so?


It was closed due to bumpage which was explained via PM before you started this thread so don't try and play the innocent because that sort of thing tends to cheese me off.


I was "cheesed off" as well by the was it was handled.


Well if you had bothered to read the rules before posting then the situation would not have arisen, would it?


I've never heard of any forum not allowing bumps, it seems to be common practice to allow one to bump a thread that needs further explaining/detail. The most extreme I've seen is a 24-48 hour bumping rule, but this takes the cake.
m
0
l
July 2, 2013 7:23:24 AM

Again, if you had bothered to read the rules then you would have known that bumping is not allowed here.
m
0
l
!