Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

GTX 670 4gb vs GTX 770 2gb vs 7970 3gb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 30, 2013 12:53:05 PM

I don't really know which to get. All of them are about the same price (maybe a $15 dollar difference). I intend to have multiple graphics cards in the future (up to three) so that plays a big factor as well.

More about : gtx 670 4gb gtx 770 2gb 7970 3gb

June 30, 2013 12:55:31 PM

BTW all the cards will have reference coolers, i dont know if that matters, but i thought i might mention it.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 12:59:41 PM

Marshmalllowman said:
BTW all the cards will have reference coolers, i dont know if that matters, but i thought i might mention it.


GTX 770 2GB it beats both 670 and 7970 in most of the current games right now.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 30, 2013 1:01:51 PM

The 770 would be the best if they all have the same price, and specially when you have plans on sli/xfire. ATI has been having troubles with their drivers when xfiring. Some stuttering issues.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:03:14 PM

adimeister said:
The 770 would be the best if they all have the same price, and specially when you have plans on sli/xfire. ATI has been having troubles with their drivers when xfiring. Some stuttering issues.


I have heard of that, but i havent been able to find anyone who will tell me how bad it is.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:04:57 PM

770 just because of that amazing 8000mhz capable memory
m
0
l

Best solution

June 30, 2013 1:12:36 PM

All will have its own pros and cons, that's why you just need to find the best one that will suit you. For your case, you want to SLI in the future, Nvidia is the way to go. I'm not saying that ATI doesn't have a chance against Nvidia in their xfire, but they have their issues now. They promise to solve it at the end of July with their new drivers. :) 
Share
June 30, 2013 1:20:45 PM

Intel God said:
770 just because of that amazing 8000mhz capable memory


Holy crap.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:22:40 PM

adimeister said:
All will have its own pros and cons, that's why you just need to find the best one that will suit you. For your case, you want to SLI in the future, Nvidia is the way to go. I'm not saying that ATI doesn't have a chance against Nvidia in their xfire, but they have their issues now. They promise to solve it at the end of July with their new drivers. :) 


Well i will have the money to build by November so hopefully someone will make a review with the new drivers.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:28:11 PM

If you are going to SLI then you have to go for at least a 3 GIG card. You will max 2 gigs of ram on a single card. If you are going 3 way in the future then i would recommend a 4 gig card. so you have a gtx 670 there but there is also one gtx 760 with 4 gigs by evga out there and that is the direction I would go. they are always sold out at $280.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:37:36 PM

fkr said:
If you are going to SLI then you have to go for at least a 3 GIG card. You will max 2 gigs of ram on a single card. If you are going 3 way in the future then i would recommend a 4 gig card. so you have a gtx 670 there but there is also one gtx 760 with 4 gigs by evga out there and that is the direction I would go. they are always sold out at $280.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


GTX 670 4GB is not worth it. Because of 670's limitation, Memory Interface width is only 256Bit which doesn't utilize that much of vram (4GB). SO what's the point of getting 4GB if it doesnt make difference because of its limitations?
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:47:34 PM

johnvonmacz said:
fkr said:
If you are going to SLI then you have to go for at least a 3 GIG card. You will max 2 gigs of ram on a single card. If you are going 3 way in the future then i would recommend a 4 gig card. so you have a gtx 670 there but there is also one gtx 760 with 4 gigs by evga out there and that is the direction I would go. they are always sold out at $280.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


GTX 670 4GB is not worth it. Because of 670's limitation, Memory Interface width is only 256Bit which doesn't utilize that much of vram (4GB). SO what's the point of getting 4GB if it doesnt make difference because of its limitations?


But doesnt the gtx 770 have the same memory interface width?
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:52:13 PM

I think i may just save a bit longer and get the GTX 780, because it crushes all of these cards. Thanks for the advise
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 4:35:29 PM

Marshmalllowman said:
johnvonmacz said:
fkr said:
If you are going to SLI then you have to go for at least a 3 GIG card. You will max 2 gigs of ram on a single card. If you are going 3 way in the future then i would recommend a 4 gig card. so you have a gtx 670 there but there is also one gtx 760 with 4 gigs by evga out there and that is the direction I would go. they are always sold out at $280.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


GTX 670 4GB is not worth it. Because of 670's limitation, Memory Interface width is only 256Bit which doesn't utilize that much of vram (4GB). SO what's the point of getting 4GB if it doesnt make difference because of its limitations?


But doesnt the gtx 770 have the same memory interface width?


Yes but that doesn't mean it's weak. I'm only talking about the 4GB version not worth it. And yeah save some money and get the 780.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 4:47:38 PM

i think the 780 is the first to go up to 384 bit interface.
I was also talking about the 760 not the 670.
At least at first, GeForce GTX 760s will sport 2 GB of GDDR5 memory operating at 1502 MHz, just like the GeForce GTX 670 and 680, pushing up to 192.2 GB/s.
the next memory interface is an expensive jump. also when you are running multiple cards the memory is shared so the amount of textures that can be rendered will increase which will need the additional memory.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 4:52:11 PM

fkr said:
i think the 780 is the first to go up to 384 bit interface.
I was also talking about the 760 not the 670.
At least at first, GeForce GTX 760s will sport 2 GB of GDDR5 memory operating at 1502 MHz, just like the GeForce GTX 670 and 680, pushing up to 192.2 GB/s.
the next memory interface is an expensive jump. also when you are running multiple cards the memory is shared so the amount of textures that you can be rendered will increase which will need the additional memory.


Titan and the 780 has a 384bit memory bus
m
0
l
!