Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

4770k at 4.5Ghz reaching 89C with 1.296v, Normal?

Tags:
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
June 30, 2013 12:53:58 PM

Hi guys,

as the title suggests

Thanks is advance

More about : 4770k 5ghz reaching 89c 296v normal

a b K Overclocking
June 30, 2013 12:57:16 PM

89C is pretty high, is that in stress testing or real world things like games?
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 12:59:03 PM

expl0itfinder said:
89C is pretty high, is that in stress testing or real world things like games?


stress test with prime95
m
0
l
a c 143 K Overclocking
June 30, 2013 12:59:09 PM

How are you OCing? BIOS or program? Your Voltage is high.
What is your full system spec?
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:03:23 PM

Novuake said:
How are you OCing? BIOS or program? Your Voltage is high.
What is your full system spec?


OC in BIOS
Voltage is set by auto, as I don't know how to set a number

CPU: 4770k
MoBo: sabertooth z87
Ram: 16GB 1600Ghz
PSU: corsair hx 1050
Cooling: corsair H100i
Storage: 256GB samsung pro 840
GPU: GTX780
case: cooler master HAF X
m
0
l
a c 143 K Overclocking
June 30, 2013 1:04:36 PM

NEVER OC with AUTO, drop those Vs...

You should be following a process to determine what Vs you need, 2 secs and il post a guide.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
June 30, 2013 1:07:07 PM

Buchery said:
Hi guys,

as the title suggests

Thanks is advance


You will never get that high in real world scenario's or gaming. I wouldnt worry much about it at all.
m
0
l
June 30, 2013 1:09:19 PM

Intel God said:
Buchery said:
Hi guys,

as the title suggests

Thanks is advance


You will never get that high in real world scenario's or gaming. I wouldnt worry much about it at all.


Thanks bro, may I know your current Voltage and cooling system that got you to 4.8GHz?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
June 30, 2013 1:13:05 PM

Buchery said:
Intel God said:
Buchery said:
Hi guys,

as the title suggests

Thanks is advance


You will never get that high in real world scenario's or gaming. I wouldnt worry much about it at all.


Thanks bro, may I know your current Voltage and cooling system that got you to 4.8GHz?


1.42v and a custom loop with a 560 rad. I'm delidded so i dont go over 60C
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 143 K Overclocking
June 30, 2013 1:30:32 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1702952/overcloc...

Here is a previous thread, you can use that.

Share
a c 143 K Overclocking
June 30, 2013 11:25:16 PM

Buchery said:
Novuake said:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1702952/overcloc...

Here is a previous thread, you can use that.



Thanks bro, Now I'm running at 4.5GHz, 1.175v at BOIS (but cpu-z shows 1.200v)

did a prime95 for 10 minutes now!!

The temp didn't pass 76c, is this good now?


MUCH better!!! :D  Your Vs are nice and low and your temps are not bad at all.

Run prime for 4 hours just to confirm stability, you don't need to watch it, temps are perfectly safe.
Then if you REALLY want to burn it in, which I always suggest with a nice OC like your, download and run Intel Burn Test, its short at least, keep a close eye on temps.
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 5:48:41 AM

hmm i have almost the same specs as yours..cpu mobo but not the cooling and gpud... larkooler ku-241 with hd 7970... im at 4.5ghz at 1.30v max temp was 70deg.. using prime 95 for 20mins.. is this good?
m
0
l
a c 143 K Overclocking
December 7, 2013 5:55:36 AM

Silverghost DG said:
hmm i have almost the same specs as yours..cpu mobo but not the cooling and gpud... larkooler ku-241 with hd 7970... im at 4.5ghz at 1.30v max temp was 70deg.. using prime 95 for 20mins.. is this good?


Drop the voltage.
m
0
l
!