FX-6300 OC, which (cheap) board?

Warrgarbl

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of assembling a secondary pc for use during breaks at work. It should be as cheap as possible since I only get 1h of use out of it each workday. Due to a Coolit ECO ALC hydrating a customers PC I have been able to salvage most parts for a system. Here is what I have right now:

- Zotac GTX580
- Superflower-made 1.000W PSU
- Crucial RealSSD 256GB
- 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9 Rams
- Lite-on BD-drive
- 3 120mm Cooler Master case fans

Which leaves me with the need for a CPU, mainboard, cooler and case. I wanted to get a FX-6300 to toy around with since I have little experience with OCing and the FX-6300 is great for that. I am aware of the benchmarks and I am set on getting a piledriver, so please don't suggest an i3. I planned on getting a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO since they are cheap-ish and effective.

Lastly, the board. I am absolutely unable to figure out which board I should get since there is little information to be found of their respective OC-ability. All I was able to find was that the Asus M5A97 EVO seems to be well liked in the OC community. Which board should I be looking at? Price is key, again.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I mixed up the 6100 and 6300. My bad.

Warrgarbl

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Well, because the FX-6300 is only 5 swiss franks more expensive than the FX-4300 and quantifiably faster. The price difference is negligible and I think the FX-6300 is worth that little bit I have to spend extra ;)