Will the i5 4670 bottleneck a gtx 650 ti?

Kingfirespark

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
Hi, the title says the question will they bottleneck. By the way I've seen a gtx 550 ti with the i5 4670 and that was ok but I'm still worried that the 650 ti will bottleneck with the i5 4670. What do you all think?

Solution

I would suggest the i5-4670k. Your GPU will bottleneck it now, but a GPU is a lot easier to upgrade than a CPU. So in that regard, it is important that your CPU lasts a while, without going crazy.

I would suggest the i5-4670k. Your GPU will bottleneck it now, but a GPU is a lot easier to upgrade than a CPU. So in that regard, it is important that your CPU lasts a while, without going crazy.

Solution

The GTX 650 ti is kinda a low/mid-range GPU and I would certainly spend more money on the GPU than the CPU. Have you considered a GTX 760? It has quite good performance and will not empty your wallet.

The i5-4430 will be the cheapest Haswell i5 you can get your hands on (still way more powerful, than your GPU), even though the price differation aren't that big at all on the Haswell i5 CPUs. The money saved could be used putting into a better GPU.

Kingfirespark

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013

Very true, it is easier to upgrade the gpu. What I think I'll do Is buy the i5 4670k and then put up with the intel graphics for 2 month and then buy a good gpu because I've not got the money to buy anything much better yet.

A CPU is not hard to shift, but I do agree. Don't spend your money on something 'half-good', instead save up and get an awesome and balanced gaming rig. :)

Kingfirespark

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
A CPU is not hard to shift, but I do agree. Don't spend your money on something 'half-good', instead save up and get an awesome and balanced gaming rig. :) [/quotemsg]

Yeah that what I'm going to do. And as for a gpu, I'll probs buy the gtx 760 that you said earlier or a gtx 760 ti if it comes out. Thanks :)

Yeah that what I'm going to do. And as for a gpu, I'll probs buy the gtx 760 that you said earlier or a gtx 760 ti if it comes out. Thanks :)[/quotemsg]

Sweet. That will be one hell of a rig. :D

Kingfirespark

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013

Sweet. That will be one hell of a rig. :D[/quotemsg]

Cheers :)