I5 or FX for this $900 max build.

cooloneinca

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Hi! I wanted to know if there was a way to make this build better on the CPU front.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1cdoJ
All i wanted to know is there a better CPU for comparable price. I am building a mid lvl gaming pc. The max price is 900 but i want to lower the price so as not to kill my wallet. Also is there better RAM out there that i don't know about?

Solution
G

It should work but it may be to loud at high loads. Try it and if you find it to loud you can change to an other GPU cooler.

arrpee

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Might be over spending a tiny bit on the powersupply, but that is good for future Crossfire. Lately CPU and GPU power requirements are going down not up, so it is difficult to recommend power supplies that large.

Maybe bump up to the i5-3470 to get the most out of the setup or purchase an aftermarket heatsink to make the system a little quieter.

cooloneinca

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Eximo would you recommend the i5 3470 or the AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor for the price. My AMD build would be like this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1cedm

Holdemnutz

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
I bought a MoBo from outlet pc and is arriving today. I used their free shipping and wished I didn't. It came from LV. Nevada, changed 12 different UPS hands and took a week. It should be ok(I hope) but I would have used a different shipping method from them if I had known. I'm just giving you a heads upon how their shipping(free) works. Good luck on your build!

G

If it's only for gaming Tom's recommends the 3350p at that price point. If you use your computer for more intensive software the 3570k or 8350 AMD would work.

arrpee

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That AMD system is very similar to a build I did for a much lower budget. The fx6300 really isn't a value buy on a core for core basis compared to Intel. Unless you want to get below like $600 you should stick with Intel, otherwise nothing wrong with going AMD.

Depending on how long you intend to keep the system is where you might consider going above the i5-3330. Or you could opt for a more expensive motherboard and later on drop in an i5-3570k or i7-3770k f you feel the need to upgrade later.

G

It should work but it may be to loud at high loads. Try it and if you find it to loud you can change to an other GPU cooler.

arrpee

Solution