Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is my PC good for DayZ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 1, 2013 1:38:24 PM

I have a AMD A6-3670k 2.7GHz (Can be OC'd to 3.0GHz), and soon to be GTX 680. I don't know if my CPU will drag my GPU down.

More about : good dayz

a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 1, 2013 2:36:31 PM

vFMXv said:
I have a AMD A6-3670k 2.7GHz (Can be OC'd to 3.0GHz), and soon to be GTX 680. I don't know if my CPU will drag my GPU down.

The A6 will definitely drag the GTX 680/GTX 770 (Don't get a 680 since the 770 is better and cheaper) down. I would upgrade to a FX8350 with a Sabertooth 990FX R2/Gen3 motherboard or i5-3570K with a good motherboard.
m
0
l
July 2, 2013 2:28:28 AM

The Q6660 Inside said:
vFMXv said:
I have a AMD A6-3670k 2.7GHz (Can be OC'd to 3.0GHz), and soon to be GTX 680. I don't know if my CPU will drag my GPU down.

The A6 will definitely drag the GTX 680/GTX 770 (Don't get a 680 since the 770 is better and cheaper) down. I would upgrade to a FX8350 with a Sabertooth 990FX R2/Gen3 motherboard or i5-3570K with a good motherboard.
Hi, thanks for the reply, would it make a significant difference in speed as I checked out the CPU and MOBO and together it's quite a lot of money. Or how would a Gainward GTX 570 be? As now I have a Palit GTX 260. Thanks.

m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 2, 2013 8:03:04 AM

vFMXv said:
The Q6660 Inside said:
vFMXv said:
I have a AMD A6-3670k 2.7GHz (Can be OC'd to 3.0GHz), and soon to be GTX 680. I don't know if my CPU will drag my GPU down.

The A6 will definitely drag the GTX 680/GTX 770 (Don't get a 680 since the 770 is better and cheaper) down. I would upgrade to a FX8350 with a Sabertooth 990FX R2/Gen3 motherboard or i5-3570K with a good motherboard.
Hi, thanks for the reply, would it make a significant difference in speed as I checked out the CPU and MOBO and together it's quite a lot of money. Or how would a Gainward GTX 570 be? As now I have a Palit GTX 260. Thanks.



That is also very likely to be dragged down by the A6-3670K. Upgrading the CPU and mobo is the only route to make the 770 or 680 worthwhile. For the same money as the 770/680, upgrade the CPU and mobo first.
Share
a c 170 à CPUs
a c 110 À AMD
July 2, 2013 8:09:00 AM

The a6 chip is an APU was never designed to be used with a GPU. It will bottleneck anything pretty well.

You really need to get a new CPU/motherboard if you want to use a high end GPU. Something like a fx-6300 and a cheapish am3+ board would do fine.
m
0
l
a c 170 à CPUs
a c 110 À AMD
July 2, 2013 8:36:05 AM

you do not need a sabertooth board. There are cheaper boards which will work just as well.
m
0
l
!