Hi all - I got a new Asus A55A-ah31 laptop that came with a 5400 rpm hdd that I would like to replace with a 128gb SSD. There is no Windows 8 CD nor a product key; only a recovery and restore partition. So I assume I need to clone the HDD to the SSD (which I assume is possible using my desktop?). Would that be my best method to do it? Can anyone point me to a tutorial or software that would make it easiest as I am new to all of this.
1. Download software.
2. Run program and make bootable media of your choice.
3. Connect "new" drive to laptop to be cloned with a USB drive adapter, ie external drive enclosure.
4. Boot laptop with the media you made, USB stick or CD. You prob need to press "F5" or something to get to "Boot menu". Select what to boot from.
5. With software running, select "source drive, laptop drive" and destination drive "ssd on USB adapter".
6. Let software do the work.... follow it's instructions.