Solved

What gpu is best for my config?

Hello guys,

I have the following config:
- i5 3570
- 8 GB DDR3-1600
- CM Extreme Power Plus 500w
- Sapphire Hd 4670

I want to upgrade the gpu, but i understand i will also need to upgrade the psu as well. So my plan is to get a CM Silent Pro 600w but i dont know what gpu is best for my needs, i will play 1680x1050 resolution and i prefer to sacrifice some max settings for getting a cheaper gpu as my budget is not as great as i wish atm.

I´ve been reading some reviews for the gtx 560, 650 ti, 7850...but im still kinda lost :S

Thanks for your time, and your advice! =)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gpu config
  1. I would get a 7850 of all of those cards. For the power supply, I would recommend an XFX core, manafactured by seasonic. It's highly regarded and reliable, and it's also much cheaper than comparable PSUs.

    Hope this helps :D
  2. Munchbot said:
    I would get a 7850 of all of those cards. For the power supply, I would recommend an XFX core, manafactured by seasonic. It's highly regarded and reliable, and it's also much cheaper than comparable PSUs.

    Hope this helps :D


    +1 :)
  3. Best answer
    FaLLoT said:
    Hello guys,

    I have the following config:
    - i5 3570
    - 8 GB DDR3-1600
    - CM Extreme Power Plus 500w
    - Sapphire Hd 4670

    I want to upgrade the gpu, but i understand i will also need to upgrade the psu as well. So my plan is to get a CM Silent Pro 600w but i dont know what gpu is best for my needs, i will play 1680x1050 resolution and i prefer to sacrifice some max settings for getting a cheaper gpu as my budget is not as great as i wish atm.

    I´ve been reading some reviews for the gtx 560, 650 ti, 7850...but im still kinda lost :S

    Thanks for your time, and your advice! =)


    Get a gtx 650 ti boost or a hd 7850 (whichever you find cheaper) they both perform similarly and will max out most games at that res..
    And BTW I don't think you will need a PSU upgrade it you buy one of these cards.
  4. at 1680x1050, hd 7770 or 650Ti will suffice your needs..it can run (almost) any game at high/highest setting..and the most important thing, it'll save your dollar.

    well, i think that you should wait Geforce 750 class, it will give you GeForce 660 horse power at (much-maybe) lower price..
  5. Quaddro said:
    at 1680x1050, hd 7770 or 650Ti will suffice your needs..it can run (almost) any game at high/highest setting..and the most important thing, it'll save your dollar.

    well, i think that you should wait Geforce 750 class, it will give you GeForce 660 horse power at (much-maybe) lower price..


    The only reason I would choose the 7850 is because as prices go down on 1080p monitors as XD monitors become more prominent, OP might want a 1080p monitor, in which case the 7850 future-proofs the OP.
  6. Guys thanks a lot for all your suggestions, i really appreciate all of them.

    I wish i could get a xfx or antec brand psu, but unfortunately they are not easy to get in my country, i only have access to get a Topower, Termalthake, Cooler Master Extreme Power Pluse, CM Silent Pro....and i think a 600w silent pro would do it fine for what i need.

    So, if i get a 650 ti you guys think i dont really need to get a new psu? i know the psu i already have is not the best but not the worst as well.....i just dont wanna risk burning a 650ti for not getting a more powerful psu.
  7. Yes, you should replace your current PSU ..
    Extreme power plus series is a crap..and must be avoided.

    And yes, you have a good choice with SilentPro, because the only acceptable PSU from CoolerMaster just this series..
    Other than SilentPro, -once more again- CM PSU just a crap..
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Configuration Intel i5 Graphics