Solved

is i7 870 still okay for gaming?

I have an i7 870 with a Gtx 560 ti but I want to get a beefier card for Total War: Rome 2. I was thinking the GTX 770. Is my processor still okay to run something like that or should i think of getting a new rig with newer parts? Thanks!
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 870 gaming
  1. Best answer
    chrisfromoh said:
    I have an i7 870 with a Gtx 560 ti but I want to get a beefier card for Total War: Rome 2. I was thinking the GTX 770. Is my processor still okay to run something like that or should i think of getting a new rig with newer parts? Thanks!

Yes your processor is still a great option when it comes to gaming.....
    However, the gtx 770 may be slightly bottlenecked by cpu in come cpu bound games. But overclocking your cpu to 3.5-4 Ghz will solve the problem..
  2. thats still a decent cpu. you can always upgrade, but i'd ride that cpu for another year.
  3. chrisfromoh said:

Yes, it's still good. I recommend overclocking to decrease any bottleneck. Getting a Ivy/Haswell CPU will be not that much of an improvement.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Intel i7 Processors Systems