Closed

My PC wont boot - error code 0xc00000e9

My computer randomly (at least seemingly) froze a couple days ago. I had to manually restart my computer with the power button. After I restarted it, my computer would not get past the opening windows screen. It would usually just freeze and after a couple more trys, I was greeted with an error message that says:

Windows has has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
Status: 0xc00000e9

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurrred.

I then shut down my computer and made sure that everything was connected (HDD, CD Drive, etc.) was connected properly. However, nothing I have tried so far including startup repair has worked. I've searched around forums for a while now with no results.

Any help or suggestions?
Thanks.
18 answers Last reply
More about wont boot error code 0xc00000e9
  1. Sounds to me like you HDD is failing but I'm not 100% sure.
  2. A virus has infected your Bios and changed the drive from a SATA to a PATA or ATA or vice versa
  3. Greg Brown said:
    A virus has infected your Bios and changed the drive from a SATA to a PATA or ATA or vice versa


    and how would i go about fixing that to go back to my normal SATA drive?
  4. reboot and log into the BIOS and change the hard drive setting
  5. Greg Brown said:
    reboot and log into the BIOS and change the hard drive setting


    So i went into my BIOS but I'I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The only thing i found related to SATA is Sata ports settings where u have 3 choices (AHCI, RAID, IDE) but ive tried all 3 of those and none of them produce any good results. Anything else I should be looking for?
  6. Edit: My PC does boot in safe mode if that helps at all
  7. Hi, I think it`s not virus try disconect your all usb cable mouse keyboard when you try restore your system and connect only when you need press a button :P I my case it`s work :D
  8. Greg Brown said:
    A virus has infected your Bios and changed the drive from a SATA to a PATA or ATA or vice versa


    Greg you are 100% right bro. i am just facing the same problem and worked hard for last 5 hours :D but just now saw your comment and manually change the Bios drive to the right one.
    Thanks Bro. :)
  9. Moeed Akber said:
    Greg Brown said:
    A virus has infected your Bios and changed the drive from a SATA to a PATA or ATA or vice versa


    Greg you are 100% right bro. i am just facing the same problem and worked hard for last 5 hours :D but just now saw your comment and manually change the Bios drive to the right one.
    Thanks Bro. :)


    Would you kindly let me know how I can change the hardware setting in BIOS?
    Thanks a lot.

    Paula
  10. Its about nothing friends, just i restart the system and its booted up perfectly so don't worry ..
    Now i am Installing 8.1 ..
    Thanks
  11. This happened to me. What i did was boot my pc on my dvd drive (f11) Put my Vista OS. Click repair . Done.
  12. If you're having trouble booting from any device (hdd, cd/dvd) you might want to see if any of your processor pins are bent. It does happen and it makes it behave very strangely.
  13. your hard disk was failed,
    try replacing a new HDD
  14. aandyaoe said:
    My computer randomly (at least seemingly) froze a couple days ago. I had to manually restart my computer with the power button. After I restarted it, my computer would not get past the opening windows screen. It would usually just freeze and after a couple more trys, I was greeted with an error message that says:

    Windows has has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

    This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

    If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
    Status: 0xc00000e9

    Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurrred.

    I then shut down my computer and made sure that everything was connected (HDD, CD Drive, etc.) was connected properly. However, nothing I have tried so far including startup repair has worked. I've searched around forums for a while now with no results.

    Any help or suggestions?
    Thanks.
  15. Yo my laptop did exactly the same thing this morning froze whyle I was on you tube I had to turn of by the power button and now I recieve the same code
  16. D4Nny said:
    Yo my laptop did exactly the same thing this morning froze whyle I was on you tube I had to turn of by the power button and now I recieve the same code


    And what did you do to fix it? I had the same problem with my laptop
  17. Please help,my laptop still not working with this problem for a month.
  18. Please post a new thread rather than digging up an old one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Boot Devices Windows 7