Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I need a cheap but good Graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 2, 2013 10:22:47 PM

Hey, i have a desktop computer i just bought, here are all of the specs and stuff
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en...

I need a graphics card, as i edit video for my youtube tech channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/brandon99959)

I would also like to play some games, no hard core gamer or anything, maybe a little halo here and there.

I do not have a BIG budget so i am looking for something resonable, let me know what you think is a good card.

Also, i run 8gb of ram right now, would upgrading to 16gb help with rendering videos and editing?
July 2, 2013 10:25:38 PM

the ram wouldnt hurt one bit. but it isnt the only problem. i personally recommend a Amd radeon HD 5450 1gb ddr3, it runs at 20-50$ on amazon. next suggrstion is the GIGABYTE hd 6670. it can handle BF3 and runs at around 40$+
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 2, 2013 10:36:11 PM

I would not bother with the Raden HD 5450. It is weaker than the integrated Radeon HD 7660D that comes with the A10-5700. Additionally, I believe you can only dual graphics (the new term for hybrid crossfire I guess) with a Radeon HD 6xxx or 7xxx that is not too powerful.
Share
Related resources
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 2, 2013 10:43:42 PM

I suppose more RAM can help with video editing projects, I don't do such things so I don't know what; if any; performance increase you will get.

State what your budget is and also what RAM you currently have. Hopefully it is DDR3 2133MHz RAM because the iGPU benefits from faster RAM. With DDR3 2133MHz RAM the Radeon HD 7660D is basically as fast as a Radeon HD 6670 with DDR3 RAM. In terms of performance it will basically be halfway between a desktop Radeon HD 5570 and Radeon HD 5670 graphics card.
m
0
l
July 2, 2013 11:27:54 PM

jaguarskx said:
I suppose more RAM can help with video editing projects, I don't do such things so I don't know what; if any; performance increase you will get.

State what your budget is and also what RAM you currently have. Hopefully it is DDR3 2133MHz RAM because the iGPU benefits from faster RAM. With DDR3 2133MHz RAM the Radeon HD 7660D is basically as fast as a Radeon HD 6670 with DDR3 RAM. In terms of performance it will basically be halfway between a desktop Radeon HD 5570 and Radeon HD 5670 graphics card.


its ddr3 ram, Amount: 8 GB
Speed: PC3-12800 MB/sec
Type: DDR3-1600
m
0
l
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 3, 2013 8:23:43 AM

Since you have DDR3 1600MHz RAM the Radeon HD 7660D will not run as fast as a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card. Not really surprising though since your Trinity APU does not officially support DDR3 2133MHz RAM.

Anyway, you have not stated what your budget is for a graphics card.
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 9:50:06 AM

jaguarskx said:
I would not bother with the Raden HD 5450. It is weaker than the integrated Radeon HD 7660D that comes with the A10-5700. Additionally, I believe you can only dual graphics (the new term for hybrid crossfire I guess) with a Radeon HD 6xxx or 7xxx that is not too powerful.


that definetely a good point with the crossfire. but think about the games hes gunna play. hes only playing halo. and PC only has the first one (evolved combat) so if hes playing an old old game and just doing basic video editing (on the web even) why would he need the power of a 6670. 5450 should be plenty for what he needs to do. especially to save that money.

m
0
l
July 3, 2013 9:53:33 AM

jaguarskx said:
Since you have DDR3 1600MHz RAM the Radeon HD 7660D will not run as fast as a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card. Not really surprising though since your Trinity APU does not officially support DDR3 2133MHz RAM.

Anyway, you have not stated what your budget is for a graphics card.


but keep in mind the the first digit isnt always whats making the graphics card better. (a 5*** or 6***) its the second that determines the power. as you said. so a radeon 5670 can easily out perform a 6450. correct me if im wrong.

m
0
l
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 3, 2013 10:33:26 AM

Cokacola14 said:

but keep in mind the the first digit isnt always whats making the graphics card better. (a 5*** or 6***) its the second that determines the power. as you said. so a radeon 5670 can easily out perform a 6450. correct me if im wrong.


Yes. That is correct. However, many benchmarks have proven that the Radeon HD 7660D with only DDR3 1600MHz RAM is slower than a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card. Only with DDR3 2133MHz RAM will the Radeon HD 7660D's performace be comparable to a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.

Additionally, the Radeon HD 8670D graphics core in AMD's Richland APU is only a slightly tweaked version of Trinity's Radeon HD 7660D. Using the same type of RAM the Radeon HD 8670D is only marginally faster it's predecessor. The only significant improvement is the official support of DDR3 2133MHz RAM.

Therefore, a Radeon HD 7660D / HD 8670D with DDR3 2133MHz provides similar performance as a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 1:23:28 PM

jaguarskx said:
Cokacola14 said:

but keep in mind the the first digit isnt always whats making the graphics card better. (a 5*** or 6***) its the second that determines the power. as you said. so a radeon 5670 can easily out perform a 6450. correct me if im wrong.


Yes. That is correct. However, many benchmarks have proven that the Radeon HD 7660D with only DDR3 1600MHz RAM is slower than a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card. Only with DDR3 2133MHz RAM will the Radeon HD 7660D's performace be comparable to a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.

Additionally, the Radeon HD 8670D graphics core in AMD's Richland APU is only a slightly tweaked version of Trinity's Radeon HD 7660D. Using the same type of RAM the Radeon HD 8670D is only marginally faster it's predecessor. The only significant improvement is the official support of DDR3 2133MHz RAM.

Therefore, a Radeon HD 7660D / HD 8670D with DDR3 2133MHz provides similar performance as a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.


In other words, Buy a radeon HD 6670 ddr3. its cheap and good. haha
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 1:53:15 PM

Cokacola14 said:
jaguarskx said:
Cokacola14 said:

but keep in mind the the first digit isnt always whats making the graphics card better. (a 5*** or 6***) its the second that determines the power. as you said. so a radeon 5670 can easily out perform a 6450. correct me if im wrong.


Yes. That is correct. However, many benchmarks have proven that the Radeon HD 7660D with only DDR3 1600MHz RAM is slower than a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card. Only with DDR3 2133MHz RAM will the Radeon HD 7660D's performace be comparable to a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.

Additionally, the Radeon HD 8670D graphics core in AMD's Richland APU is only a slightly tweaked version of Trinity's Radeon HD 7660D. Using the same type of RAM the Radeon HD 8670D is only marginally faster it's predecessor. The only significant improvement is the official support of DDR3 2133MHz RAM.

Therefore, a Radeon HD 7660D / HD 8670D with DDR3 2133MHz provides similar performance as a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.


In other words, Buy a radeon HD 6670 ddr3. its cheap and good. haha


How about this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 2:01:48 PM

brandon randall said:
Cokacola14 said:
jaguarskx said:
Cokacola14 said:

but keep in mind the the first digit isnt always whats making the graphics card better. (a 5*** or 6***) its the second that determines the power. as you said. so a radeon 5670 can easily out perform a 6450. correct me if im wrong.


Yes. That is correct. However, many benchmarks have proven that the Radeon HD 7660D with only DDR3 1600MHz RAM is slower than a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card. Only with DDR3 2133MHz RAM will the Radeon HD 7660D's performace be comparable to a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.

Additionally, the Radeon HD 8670D graphics core in AMD's Richland APU is only a slightly tweaked version of Trinity's Radeon HD 7660D. Using the same type of RAM the Radeon HD 8670D is only marginally faster it's predecessor. The only significant improvement is the official support of DDR3 2133MHz RAM.

Therefore, a Radeon HD 7660D / HD 8670D with DDR3 2133MHz provides similar performance as a Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card.


In other words, Buy a radeon HD 6670 ddr3. its cheap and good. haha


How about this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


That graphics card is DDR5, His computer is not the best with ddr3, but it will be more compatible then the much newer DDR5, other wise that is a great card as well, if you have the pc for it.
m
0
l
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 3, 2013 2:42:54 PM

Cokacola14 said:


In other words, Buy a radeon HD 6670 ddr3. its cheap and good. haha


No.

A Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 sucks. I don't even recommend buying the DDR5 version.
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 2:44:22 PM

jaguarskx said:
Cokacola14 said:


In other words, Buy a radeon HD 6670 ddr3. its cheap and good. haha


No.

A Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 sucks. I don't even recommend buying the DDR5 version.


it runs Battlefield 3 at ultra. its perfectly fine for what he needs it for.
m
0
l
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 3, 2013 2:49:44 PM



A Radeon HD 7750 will be fine for games. If you are not too demanding. It should be capable of playing most games at 1920x1080 resolution with medium quality settings and good frame rates (40 FPS+). However, that is a low profile card. You HP case uses "full height" cards. Therefore, the following XFX Radeon HD 7750 DDR5 will properly fit the case. It is also less expensive at $80 after rebate + $3 shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 3, 2013 2:52:07 PM

Cokacola14 said:
jaguarskx said:
Cokacola14 said:


In other words, Buy a radeon HD 6670 ddr3. its cheap and good. haha


No.

A Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 sucks. I don't even recommend buying the DDR5 version.


it runs Battlefield 3 at ultra. its perfectly fine for what he needs it for.


Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 running BF3 in ultra? What resolution? 800x600? And at what FPS?
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 3:08:26 PM

How about a 650 Ti Boost?
m
0
l
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 3, 2013 3:30:26 PM

perfectm said:
How about a 650 Ti Boost?


That will give you better performance than the Radeon HD 7790. In fact, it is close to the Radeon HD 7870 performance level on average. Click the following for review and benchmarks.


http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Inno3D/iChill_GTX_65...
m
0
l
a b Ć Youtube
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 3, 2013 7:06:52 PM

Sure. Why wouldn't it?
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 11:37:56 PM

jaguarskx said:
Cokacola14 said:
jaguarskx said:
Cokacola14 said:


In other words, Buy a radeon HD 6670 ddr3. its cheap and good. haha


No.

A Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 sucks. I don't even recommend buying the DDR5 version.


it runs Battlefield 3 at ultra. its perfectly fine for what he needs it for.


Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 running BF3 in ultra? What resolution? 800x600? And at what FPS?


yeah, my i run battlefield 3 on ultra at 800 x 600 with a solid 30-50 fps, but i have it capped at 40 (through the edit of the target in the shortcuts properties. my Pc specs are:

HP pavilion model 432-bit
Intel core 2 quad @ 2.50 ghz
Seagate 500 Gb Hdd & Seagate 320 HDD
GIGABYTE radeon HD 6670 1gb DDR3

i promise, i could post pictures of it or a video if you need more proof.
m
0
l
!