Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best GPU for the price that would play the latest games at the highest resolutions and qualities (even if 2 together)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 2, 2013 10:54:40 PM

That's all I need to ask.

Best solution

July 2, 2013 11:00:58 PM
Share

It's best if we know your budget... However, the 760 (or 760Ti when released) is going to be the best price/performance card which can run most current games at max. It costs about $250.
July 2, 2013 11:06:01 PM

Thanks ^^ that's all I wanted to know
Idk what my budget is because I'll have that budget some time later lol :p P and I can save up for the best
July 2, 2013 11:07:03 PM

Youssef59 said:
Thanks ^^ that's all I wanted to know
Idk what my budget is because I'll have that budget some time later lol :p P and I can save up for the best


Cards for approx. $200 are generally the best in that category. :) 
Thanks for the B.A.!
July 2, 2013 11:09:39 PM

I would purchase a 7950 3gb and overclock it. It OCs amazingly well, and its performance can surpass a GTX 670 easily.
July 2, 2013 11:11:42 PM

SheepyxD said:
I would purchase a 7950 3gb and overclock it. It OCs amazingly well, and its performance can surpass a GTX 670 easily.


But it's not really at that key price point. There is a reason that the $250 market is the one that all GPU companies advertise the most. It is the point with the best price/performance usually, and it is the most that many people are willing to spend.
Also, I was not taking OCing into account, as there are a TON of people who refuse to do that. I'm talking strictly stock here.
July 2, 2013 11:22:09 PM

The 7950 3GB is a 299.99$ card from Newegg, which is cheaper than the 760 upon release which is 209£ or 316$ (conversion). The 7950 will run better on stock than the 760, it will run MUCH better overclocked (built-in feature, so you cant screw it up), BUT the card will run hotter and consume more power than the 760.
July 2, 2013 11:23:16 PM

SheepyxD said:
The 7950 3GB is a 299.99$ card from Newegg, which is cheaper than the 760 upon release which is 209£ or 316$ (conversion). The 7950 will run better on stock than the 760, it will run MUCH better overclocked (built-in feature, so you cant screw it up), BUT the card will run hotter and consume more power than the 760.


Comparing dollars to dollars, the 760 is $50 cheaper... In the US, the 7950 is $300 and the 760 is $250.
Not sure where you're getting your info, but...
July 2, 2013 11:37:26 PM

SheepyxD said:
http://www.itproportal.com/reviews/video-games/nvidia-g...

I also found the 760 available for $250, making your point valid about it being cheaper. The 760 will still not be able to fully play games such as Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Bioshock Inifnite and other heavy games.


But neither will a 7870 of a similar price. It will run them great at medium-high graphics (around 30 FPS probably), but on ultra or extreme, you're right. It would not be able to completely handle it. However, I don't think that right now that can be expected from a card which costs $250.
July 2, 2013 11:40:48 PM

You're correct it can't be, unless the cards are being overclocked with modifed air cooling, liquid cooling, or mineral oil cooling. To play all games on max, and still get a great bang for your buck card, I would gomwith the 79503gb v. As when overclocked it matches cards performance 150$ more expensive.
July 2, 2013 11:41:53 PM

By the way, I am not a sales rep ;)  That's just the card I have now, and it's great.
July 2, 2013 11:42:19 PM

SheepyxD said:
You're correct it can't be, unless the cards are being overclocked with modifed air cooling, liquid cooling, or mineral oil cooling. To play all games on max, and still get a great bang for your buck card, I would gomwith the 79503gb v. As when overclocked it matches cards performance 150$ more expensive.


However, when the 760Ti is released, it too will perform better than a GTX 670, which is $100-$150 more.
July 2, 2013 11:42:52 PM

SheepyxD said:
By the way, I am not a sales rep ;)  That's just the card I have now, and it's great.


Haha no worries man. It's always great to argue your point :) 
July 3, 2013 12:10:04 AM

The 760ti will offer a unique card at the price point. Placing itself between the 670 and 680. The ti version isn't available when the 760 releases, is it? Well anyways, looks like the question asker has ditched this thread as he has his answer :D  Only time will tell how the 7950 vs 760ti will turn out.
July 3, 2013 11:04:16 AM

SheepyxD said:
The 760ti will offer a unique card at the price point. Placing itself between the 670 and 680. The ti version isn't available when the 760 releases, is it? Well anyways, looks like the question asker has ditched this thread as he has his answer :D  Only time will tell how the 7950 vs 760ti will turn out.


760Ti will supposedly outperform a 670, which outperforms a 7950; AMD cards are so old now that they are getting destroyed by NVIDIA. Literally can't wait for next-gen Radeon.
July 3, 2013 10:40:23 PM

7950 when OCd a liiTtle can out perform a 670 easy ( I benchmark mine)
July 4, 2013 10:28:02 AM

SheepyxD said:
7950 when OCd a liiTtle can out perform a 670 easy ( I benchmark mine)


Yeah but OCing a 670 can easily beat that. When we talk along the lines of non-OC, the 7950 does not perform anywhere near the 670, but the 760Ti (at the same price) will.
July 4, 2013 10:31:56 AM

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 4, 2013 10:45:13 AM

meowmix44 said:
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's not fighting if it's intellectual ;) 
We're not fighting, we're simply having an intelligent argument. After all, isn't that what the forums are all about?
July 4, 2013 10:57:56 AM

dannyboy2233 said:
meowmix44 said:
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's not fighting if it's intellectual ;) 
We're not fighting, we're simply having an intelligent argument. After all, isn't that what the forums are all about?

Forums sir are about anything. And that does not include intellectualness. Im gonna go bake to 780s right now. Oh and boil some Inno 3D iChill Titans in my GPU soup.
July 4, 2013 11:10:20 AM

meowmix44 said:
dannyboy2233 said:
meowmix44 said:
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's not fighting if it's intellectual ;) 
We're not fighting, we're simply having an intelligent argument. After all, isn't that what the forums are all about?

Forums sir are about anything. And that does not include intellectualness. Im gonna go bake to 780s right now. Oh and boil some Inno 3D iChill Titans in my GPU soup.


... Thank you for that thread hijack.
July 4, 2013 11:59:29 AM

dannyboy2233 said:
meowmix44 said:
dannyboy2233 said:
meowmix44 said:
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's not fighting if it's intellectual ;) 
We're not fighting, we're simply having an intelligent argument. After all, isn't that what the forums are all about?

Forums sir are about anything. And that does not include intellectualness. Im gonna go bake to 780s right now. Oh and boil some Inno 3D iChill Titans in my GPU soup.


... Thank you for that thread hijack.


anytime anytime. I poisned some people with that soup earlier. Now I have been sentenced to 6 years in prison and im going to court tommorow. NVIDIA wont let me buy things anymore, and AMD wont either. Gaming = a no can do :( 
July 4, 2013 2:16:26 PM

SOOOUUUUUP
!