i7 2600 heat problem?

Latvietis96

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Hi guys, i upgraded from a Q6600 to the i7 2600(non-k) recently (yea i know im late..) and my CPU seems to be running quite hot with the stock cooler. SpeedFan shows my CPU temperature is normal (around 50) but it also shows my Core 0 temperature is at 83C when I`m running Battlefield 3 @ ultra settings. My GPU is a sapphire HD7970, it gets to ~73C when i`m playing. I have removed the cover from my cheap case so case cooling isnt really a problem in this...uh.. case (or is it?). My room temps are 19-24C during this time of year. Are the temps too high and what should I do about them?

Solution
When playing this type of CPU hungry game the temps can go this high. Nothing to worry about. If it reaches 90C regularly than it's a headache, apart from that nothing to worry about.

You may need an after market cooler for better cooling performance, it's an option, and a decent computer case is required too.
When playing this type of CPU hungry game the temps can go this high. Nothing to worry about. If it reaches 90C regularly than it's a headache, apart from that nothing to worry about.

You may need an after market cooler for better cooling performance, it's an option, and a decent computer case is required too.

Solution