Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

MSI GTX 670 PE locked at 1019 MHZ?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
July 3, 2013 11:18:59 AM

So I recently OC'd my 670 core clock to 1230 mhz using msi afterburner and when I play games such as ArmA 2 my my core clock wont go past 1019 mhz? I tried tweaking the voltage settings and other stuff in afterburner but it still wont go above 1019... any help would be appreciated, thanks.

a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2013 11:24:25 AM

Is it only in Arma 2? Some games doesn't support these high clock speeds and therefore your clock speeds will remain lower than expected.

Same story for Mafia 2.
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 11:26:51 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
Is it only in Arma 2? Some games doesn't support these high clock speeds and therefore you're clock speed will remain lower.

Same story for Mafia 2. :) 


No its all games. And it only recently started doing it. Last night it was fine after I oc'd but now its locked there.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2013 1:59:24 PM

KyleDT said:
lostgamer_03 said:
Is it only in Arma 2? Some games doesn't support these high clock speeds and therefore you're clock speed will remain lower.

Same story for Mafia 2. :) 


No its all games. And it only recently started doing it. Last night it was fine after I oc'd but now its locked there.


Could be a driver associated issue, tried reinstalling drivers?
Share
July 3, 2013 8:11:02 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
KyleDT said:
lostgamer_03 said:
Is it only in Arma 2? Some games doesn't support these high clock speeds and therefore you're clock speed will remain lower.

Same story for Mafia 2. :) 


No its all games. And it only recently started doing it. Last night it was fine after I oc'd but now its locked there.



Could be a driver associated issue, tried reinstalling drivers?


Tried reinstalling and it didnt work :/ 
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 10:06:39 AM

Did you verify if you are using +20% of the power target, I am not sure if Afterburner has it but you can download EVGA Precision X and be sure to set that setting, it will allow the card to use more current when needed (If you rise clock speeds you will)
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 10:13:36 AM

john1587 said:
Did you verify if you are using +20% of the power target, I am not sure if Afterburner has it but you can download EVGA Precision X and be sure to set that setting, it will allow the card to use more current when needed (If you rise clock speeds you will)


Well like I said before, it has only been locked at 1019 recently. When I initially OC'd it with afterburner it was performing fine. But I will try using precision x when I get home from work later. Do you think I should uninstall afterburner before I use precision x or is it to have both at the same time?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
July 4, 2013 11:14:17 AM

KyleDT said:
john1587 said:
Did you verify if you are using +20% of the power target, I am not sure if Afterburner has it but you can download EVGA Precision X and be sure to set that setting, it will allow the card to use more current when needed (If you rise clock speeds you will)


Well like I said before, it has only been locked at 1019 recently. When I initially OC'd it with afterburner it was performing fine. But I will try using precision x when I get home from work later. Do you think I should uninstall afterburner before I use precision x or is it to have both at the same time?


As long as you don't have them running at the same time, it would be no issue. I also like precision X better, as it actually is more stable with higher overclocks, believe it or not, but it actually is.
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 11:14:49 AM

KyleDT said:
john1587 said:
Did you verify if you are using +20% of the power target, I am not sure if Afterburner has it but you can download EVGA Precision X and be sure to set that setting, it will allow the card to use more current when needed (If you rise clock speeds you will)


Well like I said before, it has only been locked at 1019 recently. When I initially OC'd it with afterburner it was performing fine. But I will try using precision x when I get home from work later. Do you think I should uninstall afterburner before I use precision x or is it to have both at the same time?


You can use both, as they automatically refresh with the actual card settings, what i am not sure is if afterburner has the power target option so try to close it before opening precision x.
Keep us updated of your results
m
0
l
July 5, 2013 11:31:45 AM

john1587 said:
KyleDT said:
john1587 said:
Did you verify if you are using +20% of the power target, I am not sure if Afterburner has it but you can download EVGA Precision X and be sure to set that setting, it will allow the card to use more current when needed (If you rise clock speeds you will)


Well like I said before, it has only been locked at 1019 recently. When I initially OC'd it with afterburner it was performing fine. But I will try using precision x when I get home from work later. Do you think I should uninstall afterburner before I use precision x or is it to have both at the same time?


You can use both, as they automatically refresh with the actual card settings, what i am not sure is if afterburner has the power target option so try to close it before opening precision x.
Keep us updated of your results


So I installed precision x and set offsets and voltages like I had them in afterburner and for some reason now im stuck at 706 mhz....

m
0
l
July 5, 2013 2:45:17 PM

Hey I fixed it. It was a driver issue. For some reason when I did the normal reinstall drivers thing it didnt do anything. But when I manually uninstalled them and installed them it fixed it.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
July 5, 2013 3:26:19 PM

KyleDT said:
Hey I fixed it. It was a driver issue. For some reason when I did the normal reinstall drivers thing it didnt do anything. But when I manually uninstalled them and installed them it fixed it.


Good to hear! :) 
m
0
l
!