Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming without Graphics card

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 4, 2013 12:24:43 AM

specs:
asus p8b75
i3-3210
gskill ripjaws 4gb ddr3
seasonic 520w psu
acer X193HQ monitor

i am running team fortress 2 without a graphics card,will it be a problem ??

More about : gaming graphics card

July 4, 2013 12:35:36 AM

If you don't like playing at low settings it will. I don't encourage using Intel HD graphics especially the 2500 version.
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 12:43:45 AM

Hi, and what resolutions You are talking about? Found some benchmarks for Intel HD2500 witch Your i3-3210 have, but it is benchmarked on Intel Core i5-3550 (Ivy Bridge, 4 cores, 3,3-3,7 GHz, 6 MB L3, HD Graphics 2500):
BF3 1366x768 MQ:
http://www.3dnews.ru/assets/external/illustrations/2012...
BF3 1920x1080 LQ:
http://www.3dnews.ru/assets/external/illustrations/2012...

FarCry 2 1366x768 MQ:
http://www.3dnews.ru/assets/external/illustrations/2012...
FarCry 2 1920x1080 MQ:
http://www.3dnews.ru/assets/external/illustrations/2012...

It is hard to tell for sure how TF2 will perform on i3 HD2500, but You can check external cards from these charts and look for how they perform in TF3. I presume You could get something like 30fps at low to middle.

Performance of 2500HD should be the same on i3 and i5 as Intel gives same spec for graphics:

Processor Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 2500
Graphics Base Frequency 650 MHz
Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.05 GHz

m
0
l
Related resources
July 4, 2013 12:44:03 AM

Integrated graphics usually won't get you far - this is no exception. In this case you'll probably be able to play, but only on very low settings. You'd be better off buying a really cheap graphics card (maybe a second hand 8800GTX or GTX240, looks like they're on eBay for about $30) since you'll be able to play at higher settings, and play some other games too.
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 12:52:23 AM

lxxjordan23xxl said:
If you don't like playing at low settings it will. I don't encourage using Intel HD graphics especially the 2500 version.


i dont mind the low graphics,,i am asking if playing tf2 on my system without graphics card will cause harm to the system
m
0
l

Best solution

July 4, 2013 12:56:52 AM

It definitely won't harm Your system in any way if You don't mind low settings and low fps :) 
Share
July 4, 2013 12:58:20 AM

NoOneLt said:
It definitely won't harm Your system in any way if You don't mind low settings and low fps :) 


so no problem if i play that game for hours at a time??
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 1:00:02 AM

Just watch for CPU temps from time to time while playing, but if it is properly cooled there should be no problems.
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 1:02:25 AM

NoOneLt said:
Just watch for CPU temps from time to time while playing, but if it is properly cooled there should be no problems.


ok thanks B)
it stays around 45-49,,it good??


m
0
l
July 4, 2013 1:08:54 AM

I would say no problem at all if it is 50-70C, just play for 30-60 min to give a good heat and check it, but not after the game - during it to be sure.
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 1:10:41 AM

NoOneLt said:
I would say no problem at all if it is 50-70C, just play for 30-60 min to give a good heat and check it, but not after the game - during it to be sure.


ok
m
0
l
!