i7 4770 vs i5 4670

Solution
If you only game, get the 4670 because games can't take advantage of i7's Hyper-threading technology ( which is its main advantage over an i5 ). If you also do some other editing/rendering that requires a high performance CPU and already have/plan to have a discrete VGA card, get the Xeon E3 1230 V3 because it's equal to an i7 4770, but without an IGP ( doesn't matter since you won't use that IGP anyway ). Only get the i7 4770 if you plan to do some heavy tasks but don't/don't want to have a discrete VGA card.
If you only game, get the 4670 because games can't take advantage of i7's Hyper-threading technology ( which is its main advantage over an i5 ). If you also do some other editing/rendering that requires a high performance CPU and already have/plan to have a discrete VGA card, get the Xeon E3 1230 V3 because it's equal to an i7 4770, but without an IGP ( doesn't matter since you won't use that IGP anyway ). Only get the i7 4770 if you plan to do some heavy tasks but don't/don't want to have a discrete VGA card.

Solution

maddog-3001

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013

thanks, for the help, I'm only going to gaming and non-demanding tasks (should have put that it, sorry), I knew that for gaming i7 oc had no real difference with i5 oc, but wasn't sure for non-oc, thanks for the clarification