Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this run games on 1080p medium to high settings?

Last response: in Components
Share
July 4, 2013 6:34:28 AM

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1dbie

this is not the price that some of the parts are i have found many of them cheaper but i just wanted to show the build.
July 4, 2013 6:35:55 AM

Is this build primarily for gaming? Will you be doing any editing etc?

Best solution

July 4, 2013 6:39:06 AM
Share

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£87.59 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.62 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£61.16 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£51.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (£215.71 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: CiT Vantage ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Ebuyer)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.15 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £583.17
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-04 14:38 BST+0100)

This build is cheaper and will even run some games on Ultra - you'll also get a higher overclock with this cooler.
Related resources
July 4, 2013 6:49:16 AM

Warnockz said:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1dbie

this is not the price that some of the parts are i have found many of them cheaper but i just wanted to show the build.


to answer your question, yes, and then some. Should get high/ultra at 1080p on some games. Newest games like Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 you will get med/high.

The GTX 760 is a better performer than the 7850, so if you could put the two together (the 8350 + GTX 760), you would have a nice gaming machine.

The 8350 is only a shade behind a i5 3570 in gaming, and is faster at stock than the 6300. Yes, you can OC the 6300 to 8350 speeds, but then you can OC the 8350 past that again. 8350 has an extra module, so if multitasking, and/or video editing is a consideration, Id take that for the price difference.
July 4, 2013 7:36:09 AM

sophiebeth100 said:
Is this build primarily for gaming? Will you be doing any editing etc?


i wasnt planning on doing any editing but for some of the next gen games i thought that they might be able to uttilise the extra cores.
July 4, 2013 8:00:09 AM

Warnockz said:
the graphics card i had actually picked is on sale and although the gtx 760 is better for the price what would you say?

http://www.ebuyer.com/390921-sapphire-hd-7850-oc-2gb-du...


the 7850 2gb is a good card, but would be the suggested minimum for smooth 1080p + gaming. It's slightly dated now, but is a great performer, and great over clocker too. Personally id pick the GTX760 or a 7870/7950 for good gaming.
July 4, 2013 8:13:15 AM

keith12 said:
Warnockz said:
the graphics card i had actually picked is on sale and although the gtx 760 is better for the price what would you say?

http://www.ebuyer.com/390921-sapphire-hd-7850-oc-2gb-du...


the 7850 2gb is a good card, but would be the suggested minimum for smooth 1080p + gaming. It's slightly dated now, but is a great performer, and great over clocker too. Personally id pick the GTX760 or a 7870/7950 for good gaming.


thanks for the help you know a lot more than me what parts would i pair with the GTX760 on a budget of £500 without the ram i picked up crucial ballistax 1600mhz for £32.96 and i also have a windows 7 so thats not needed?
July 4, 2013 8:20:06 AM

Warnockz said:
keith12 said:
Warnockz said:
the graphics card i had actually picked is on sale and although the gtx 760 is better for the price what would you say?

http://www.ebuyer.com/390921-sapphire-hd-7850-oc-2gb-du...


the 7850 2gb is a good card, but would be the suggested minimum for smooth 1080p + gaming. It's slightly dated now, but is a great performer, and great over clocker too. Personally id pick the GTX760 or a 7870/7950 for good gaming.


thanks for the help you know a lot more than me what parts would i pair with the GTX760 on a budget of £500 without the ram i picked up crucial ballistax 1600mhz for £32.96 and i also have a windows 7 so thats not needed?


the build above that sophiebeth has outlined is a good build. If you take out the memory, the price would be £530 or so. Which is right around your level. If you had a few more pounds, I would say put an 8350 in instead of the 6300, but that system is still a good one.
July 4, 2013 10:55:44 AM

Warnockz said:
i was looking in the region of £200 and there is no GTX760 under it but this is again on sale its a 7870. Someone else said that the 7870 is much of an improvement to the 7850. id be saving something like £45.

http://www.ebuyer.com/489317-xfx-hd-7870-dd-edition-2gb...


yeah I mentioned a 7870 above. If you can get the XE version that's a bonus. Good card, and more performance than a 7850, by about 10-20%
!