760 superclocked or 760 4gb??

AgentMcBride

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Should I get the evga 760 superclocked for 259.99 or should I get the evga 760 4gb version for 269.99. I plan on gaming (and video editing) on a 1080p single monitor. I thought of getting the 4gb version since I am going to be playing battlefield 4 and those maps are huge. Thanks!

Solution
Get EVGA 760 ACX 2GB.

Nobody can be absolutely certain about the VRAM requirements of unreleased games but my experience with Crysis 3 gives me a rough idea on how much VRAM usage we'll be looking at from 'next-gen' games at 1080p and I reckon 2GB will be enough for maxed out graphics and 4x MSAA. I'm fairly certain that the added memory won't do you much good at this resolution.

Also map size doesn't necessarily play into graphics memory usage. It is calculated by how much information you are displaying currently on your screen and ingame drawing distances/texture mip-mapping etc. will reduce visual details over long distances. Large maps are more likely to make a dent on the memory associated with your CPU, not the GPU. It should be...

Azrael47

Distinguished
The 4GB version will be able to support more monitors and play games split on each monitor at better graphical settings. The overclocked will work at high+ settings on either one or two monitors :D

I personally would rather have the 4GB version, be ready for next gen games :D

hizodge

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Get EVGA 760 ACX 2GB.

Nobody can be absolutely certain about the VRAM requirements of unreleased games but my experience with Crysis 3 gives me a rough idea on how much VRAM usage we'll be looking at from 'next-gen' games at 1080p and I reckon 2GB will be enough for maxed out graphics and 4x MSAA. I'm fairly certain that the added memory won't do you much good at this resolution.

Also map size doesn't necessarily play into graphics memory usage. It is calculated by how much information you are displaying currently on your screen and ingame drawing distances/texture mip-mapping etc. will reduce visual details over long distances. Large maps are more likely to make a dent on the memory associated with your CPU, not the GPU. It should be safe to say that 8GB of system memory will still be enough.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS