fx 8350 Too hoT

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
ok how should i try i have never used amd products in my life so i go ahead and bought amd products both gpu and cpu and i was building a gaming pc so i spend a lot + it costs more if u live in India 100 $ will cost u 125$ or more
anyway back on topic so i bought it
and i am facing a lot of problems i cant even game T_T when it cost me 1330 $
to build this pc

so when ever i game or even try to covert a vedio to mp4 or some other format my cpu goes to 90 to 95 C T_T
my cpu is running on stock clock with the stock cooler which came with amd
my gpu runs hot too but not too hot as my cpu so i am not complaining
i already knew amd runs hot but i didn't except this hot
ok so here are gpu and cpu temperatures on idle

cpu~

http://prntscr.com/1djbay

gpu~

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/07/04/5x.png

NOTE : cpu cooler is running on full speed and my room temperature is around 33c and i have already installed three 120mm fans in my case.

ok does stock cooler is this shitty ? or i need to change thermal paste ?

+ i did try it before to change thermal paste but the stock cooler is stick too damn hard to the cpu wont come off i don't know how to get it off without damaging the cpu

**so if u know how to get it off please tell me and thanks in advance**

also if u think i should buy an after market cooler

i am looking forward to liquid coolers as if i buy a air cooler it will block my ram slots + i have high profile ram

i am thinking to buy h80i

so i have 1 question more will its radiator fit in my case ?
cause its radiator size is 120mm x 152mm x 38mm

and my case has only three 120 mm fan location
which are 120mm x 25 mm

one of is in front of case so i can not use it

other one is in the side of the case and i can not use it either cause my gpu is blocking it and radiator wont fit there

the last spot remains in the back of the case so will it fit there ?
http://prntscr.com/1djfqn

and do u guys think h80 i will keep my cpu cool ?

thanks for reading it all and helping me
i am hoping to get your reply soon

and

my system specifications are

motherboard - GA-970A-DS3

ram(8GB) [1600mhz] - Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9

processor - fx 8350

harddrive - samsung 1tb 7200 rpm

gpu - SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5

case - cooler master elite 310

supply box - cooler master Thunder 500W

Azrael47

Distinguished
Have you seated your CPU/heatsink correctly. What software are you using to record these temps. IF your CPU temperature was 90 degrees (as you say) it would perform a system shutdown. Likelihood is the software your using has a bug.

Azrael47

Distinguished
The h80i is rather chunky but it depends if you have a heatsink near to the I/O section on your mobo. If it is low enough then you should quite easily accommodate an h80i water cooler.

Actually from what it looks like you will be able to fit an h80i in the exhaust 120mm fan port (where I recommend you put it)

sourodip

Distinguished
well first of all i know that gaming in india is like a sin bcoz. of the insane price level.
let us come back to topic, 90-95C is abnormal for a fx8350. Why did u took a case(CM 310) like that with such a rig? u should try applying thermal pest like CM IC essentials E2 blah...blah... at first move the heatsink (stock cooler) up and down after unlocking it and then take it out with gentle force. Get an aftermarket cpu cooler like Cooler master hyper 212 EVO rather than a H80i which is too overpriced. the 212 EVO is better and cheaper whilst the H80i will take much more space in your small cabinet. But the image u uploaded for ur cpu temp shows that ur cpu is running at 46C which is very normal.

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

well i thought only intel processors shut down when they get this hot
but any ways my system didn't shut down cause it reached 90c /95 c and in 1 sec it got back to some what 80 C
and i use touch bios which shows the temp in my bios
and i also used HWmonitor and core temp they show wrong temp with fx 8350

i also used one more program to confirm my temperature it showed exact temperatures as my bios
i think it was real temp

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

where the hell is exhaust can u mark it in the pic and are u sure ?

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

well first of all 46 C is the temperature on idle which is normal according to me too but when i game it goes up to 85 C
and i know h80i is costly but i only reason i am willing to buy it is i think air cooler will block my ram slots + i have high profile ram so i don't think it will fit and i read some thread before which stared his 212 evo was not able to cool down fx 8350

Azrael47

Distinguished
Well no you can easily Return it but yes, if any ATX case has an exhaust 120mm (12cm) fan port and your NB heatsink isn't in the way then you can fit all the H series water coolers from Corsair besides the H100, H100i and the H110.

I hope I have been of assistance.

sourodip

Distinguished
in india, H80i is too costly. Who said that CM hyper 212 EVO is not a good cooler for a fx8350? hell, it is! It is even good for a i7-4770k.
But in our country due to higher temp. u won't see it's 100% potential. If u want good and efficient liquid cooling, get the H80i but it's too expensive and ur case is pretty compact.

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

well maybe in your country but not in my country u can not return anything once u have bought it
trust me ! i bought ga 970a ds3 and its bios doesnt even support my cpu but i am still running fx 8350 with it XD
because they wont take it back !

and by the way whats an nb heatsink ?

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

well i dont have link to the the thread or i would have given u that and do u think it will keep my cpu cool and wont block my ram ? and will fit in my case?

Azrael47

Distinguished

He can fit the H80i in his case but as you said he would be better of with the CM hyper 212 EVO

Azrael47

Distinguished

He can fit the H80i in his case but as you said he would be better of with the CM hyper 212 EVO

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

the this is what if i fit it and it is not sufficient to cool my cpu ?

sourodip

Distinguished
yeah, exactly you would be better with the CM 212 EVO, no need for such high expensive coolers. u would have got somewhat lower temps if u would grab a corsair CX500W psu rather than a CM thunder 500W. trust me, u would be fine and why will it bottleneck the ram? a cpu cooler don't have anything to bottleneck the ram. :)

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

i have seen a lot of people saying if u have mid tower case it blocks 1 ram slot !

and most people commented it only reduced like 10 C so do u think it is good enough
cause its 45 C now on idele
85C to 90 C in games
and 60 C in the pc case
so after reducing 10 C
75 C is still not good enough

djabhi003

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Here's a tip, in the bios set 'Turbo Boost' as disabled. Find it in the menu and set it as disabled.
I am using the FX 8320, and with turbo boost ON, the CPU vcore got auto set to 1.5v at full load, and because of this large voltage the heat was up to. Just disable it and check the temps again.

Vulpes vulpes

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Everyone neglected to look up the motherboard...it's power phase is to low to use the 8350, heating issues will precipitate with the VRM also.

djabhi003

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Was about to post this.. Also no heatsink or cooling on those VRM's, gets them hot and that makes drastic voltage probs.
Experiencing the same on my Asus M5A78LM mobo with the 8320.
What turbo boost does is boost up your Vcore and your clock speed, and with that the VRMs get hot too, which may be causing these problems.
I myself am planning to upgrade to a 990FX board bcoz of all the issues this board is giving me. And yeah, no return policy in India, so that wud leav me with an extra board.. :/