Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

card overheating 220

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 4, 2013 9:34:09 PM

hello my card has recently been overheating it idles at 70C and when i play games it can go up to 90C is this normal? my card is a geforce 220. I have tried applying thermal paste many times but still get same result. I know it a old card :( , any help?

More about : card overheating 220

July 4, 2013 9:37:22 PM

Idling at 70c is more of a concern to me than 90c under stress. 90c isn't that high a number, especially given the age of the card and the demand put on GPUs these days. What are the other system temps? Do you have adequate airflow?
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 9:45:00 PM

JobCreator said:
Idling at 70c is more of a concern to me than 90c under stress. 90c isn't that high a number, especially given the age of the card and the demand put on GPUs these days. What are the other system temps? Do you have adequate airflow?


all my other temps are fine and cool, my airflow in my case is fine. I never had a problem with it before.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 4, 2013 9:47:21 PM

If you have the money i would get a new card because that thing is ancient and slow.

But if you have to keep it, did you blow all the dust out with compress air? Also you can try adding another fan that blows air at the card (won't do much though)
m
0
l
July 4, 2013 9:50:29 PM

Azn Cracker said:
If you have the money i would get a new card because that thing is ancient and slow.

But if you have to keep it, did you blow all the dust out with compress air? Also you can try adding another fan that blows air at the card (won't do much though)



i have made sure there's no dust on the card and i have used compressed air, but there is a little dust on the fan that's hard to get off. would that cause anything??
m
0
l

Best solution

July 4, 2013 9:55:49 PM

jasong1234 said:
Azn Cracker said:
If you have the money i would get a new card because that thing is ancient and slow.

But if you have to keep it, did you blow all the dust out with compress air? Also you can try adding another fan that blows air at the card (won't do much though)



i have made sure there's no dust on the card and i have used compressed air, but there is a little dust on the fan that's hard to get off. would that cause anything??


Not unless it's a significant amount of dust. The fact is, that card is probably laboring like hell and it doesn't surprise me that it's running hot. All I can say is, start looking into a new card, because when that thing goes, you'll be left without a working rig until you get one. We all know that's not a comfortable time for a gamer/PC enthusiast.
Share
July 4, 2013 10:01:58 PM

JobCreator said:
jasong1234 said:
Azn Cracker said:
If you have the money i would get a new card because that thing is ancient and slow.

But if you have to keep it, did you blow all the dust out with compress air? Also you can try adding another fan that blows air at the card (won't do much though)



i have made sure there's no dust on the card and i have used compressed air, but there is a little dust on the fan that's hard to get off. would that cause anything??


Not unless it's a significant amount of dust. The fact is, that card is probably laboring like hell and it doesn't surprise me that it's running hot. All I can say is, start looking into a new card, because when that thing goes, you'll be left without a working rig until you get one. We all know that's not a comfortable time for a gamer/PC enthusiast.


well that is true lol :(  , i guess it's time for me to get a job and buy a new gpu :p 

m
0
l
!