Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Change Monitors or Stay with what i've got?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 5, 2013 3:43:46 AM

I have a AOC e2795vh with a 22inch samsung 226bw but want to move towards nvidia surround.

looking to get 3 screens but havent a clue where to go, or what to get,

or whether to go with just another 22inch monitor!!

would look towards 23/4inches with hdmi

ste

More about : change monitors stay

July 5, 2013 7:45:35 AM

newegg.com

Get 3 120hz monitors

idk. Whats your GPU?
m
0
l
July 5, 2013 4:34:35 PM

th3_ory said:
newegg.com

Get 3 120hz monitors

idk. Whats your GPU?


I have a 670GTX which i plan to sli,

and i dont have the money for 3 120hz monitors,
got around 150 quid to spend atm but i would get others when i have the money, :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
July 5, 2013 4:49:34 PM

Go to Newegg.com and narrow it down to the best two or three that you can afford and then look at some of the newegg user feedback and online review site reviews. 150 quid is about $225 US, so make sure that you factor in shipping costs to the UK. For that money, if I were you I'd get another 22 inch. and then down the road get a 24 inch to use as the middle monitor with the 22 inchers on the side.
m
0
l
July 6, 2013 6:58:16 AM

JSJ said:
Go to Newegg.com and narrow it down to the best two or three that you can afford and then look at some of the newegg user feedback and online review site reviews. 150 quid is about $225 US, so make sure that you factor in shipping costs to the UK. For that money, if I were you I'd get another 22 inch. and then down the road get a 24 inch to use as the middle monitor with the 22 inchers on the side.


even with the 27 i have now? wouldnt it be better to get 2 24inches and sell the 22inch? ill have a look and get back to you
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 7:01:49 AM

Best British online hardware retailers:

scan.co.uk
aria.co.uk
novatech.co.uk
dabs.com
ebuyer.com

I'd hugely recommend the ASUS ML239H which you can get for £150. With Trace Free set at 40 you'll get excellent response, combined with exceptional colour quality. And you'll want IPS viewing angles when you're using a triple-screen setup!
m
0
l
July 6, 2013 7:31:02 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Best British online hardware retailers:

scan.co.uk
aria.co.uk
novatech.co.uk
dabs.com
ebuyer.com

I'd hugely recommend the ASUS ML239H which you can get for £150. With Trace Free set at 40 you'll get excellent response, combined with exceptional colour quality. And you'll want IPS viewing angles when you're using a triple-screen setup!


is that asus ips? and yer ive been looking at ips monitors, and thats a perfect size tbh
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 7:38:10 AM

It is indeed - I only recommend IPS and PLS :-) And agreed - 27" either means poor pixel density and equal gaming performance with 1080p or equal pixel density and worse performance with 1440p (unless you drop quality settings or game at 1080p of course).
m
0
l
July 6, 2013 7:42:41 AM

sam_p_lay said:
It is indeed - I only recommend IPS and PLS :-) And agreed - 27" either means poor pixel density and equal gaming performance with 1080p or equal pixel density and worse performance with 1440p (unless you drop quality settings or game at 1080p of course).


well my 27 AOC is very good and i really cant complain with it! xbox 360 and pc its been great for me, and i think i shall have a look around for this asus model you mentioned, and get 2 of them to go with my 27 aoc and then get the third when i can get a desk and a better tv/monitor when the new consoles come out, dont suppose you have any links to this asus monitor on ebuyer or the like?
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 10:10:36 AM

My brother has an LG IPS (not that one though) and it's really nice. The ASUS has the fastest response though and still IPS quality. You don't like your choice of retailers there?

EDIT: Didn't notice your bezel question there. Only side bezel matters for multiple screens. Think about it ;-)
m
0
l
July 6, 2013 10:26:10 AM

sam_p_lay said:
My brother has an LG IPS (not that one though) and it's really nice. The ASUS has the fastest response though and still IPS quality. You don't like your choice of retailers there?

EDIT: Didn't notice your bezel question there. Only side bezel matters for multiple screens. Think about it ;-)


i know just ive never had a monitor with a thick bottom to the screen if that makes sense, and looks like it makes the monitor look very chunky, ill have a read of the reviews :) 

also id probably buy new, many of these are end of life
m
0
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 10:33:04 AM

Yeah, many of the best models are a year or two old. Infact one of the earliest gaming monitors (from back in 2006) still has faster response than many newer models. You can't buy those new any more though. For a more modern option I'd recommend the MX239H or PB238Q. You'll like the design of the MX239H!
Share
July 6, 2013 11:28:14 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Yeah, many of the best models are a year or two old. Infact one of the earliest gaming monitors (from back in 2006) still has faster response than many newer models. You can't buy those new any more though. For a more modern option I'd recommend the MX239H or PB238Q. You'll like the design of the MX239H!


i like both of these especially the PB model, portrait is what i would move towards, helps with video editing :) 
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 1:49:53 PM

That's a good choice - little bit jealous :-)
m
0
l
July 6, 2013 1:53:35 PM

sam_p_lay said:
That's a good choice - little bit jealous :-)


ill get one/two to start and hopefully get three in the end!! hopefully for under 500 all in, one at a time!!
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 1:56:55 PM

Sounds good :-) Where are you gonna buy from?
m
0
l
July 6, 2013 4:03:42 PM

sam_p_lay said:
Sounds good :-) Where are you gonna buy from?


amazon i think 188 each, with free delivery,
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 4:14:36 PM

Not bad! I don't think I've seen them below around £195. Nice find :-)
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2013 4:19:47 PM

Nice it's sold by Amazon themselves too - no potentially dodgy seller to deal with. Anyway stedaley I'm off to bed! Feel free to PM if you have any more questions.
m
0
l
!