Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Screen Goes Black While Playing Games (All-in-One)

Tags:
  • Aspire
  • Acer
  • Computers
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 5, 2013 6:14:52 AM

I have an Acer Aspire z5763 All in One computer and I used to be able to run games at the highest settings without any problems. Now I can't even run them at medium settings without my fan going crazy and my GPU overheating. I can't open my computer to clean it out, is there any other solution?

My specs are as follows:
NVIDIA GeForce GT435M
Intel Core i3 Processor 2100
4GB DDR3 Memory

If you need any more information, please let me know.

More about : screen black playing games

July 5, 2013 6:22:24 AM

Did you check your temps?

Did you check your service manual? Are you sure you can't open it?
m
0
l
July 5, 2013 6:23:13 AM

Have you run any clean-up software such as Ccleaner, Advanced system care or IObit registry defrag? Have you used the disk cleanup feature and done a full defrag? Have you checked for viruses recently? Do these and it should speed it up a bit.

How old is the PC. Did it develop this probelm recentyly or has it been gradual? Are you playing the same games you used to, or are you trying to play newer games?

Answering these can help with resolving the issue, thanks. =)
m
0
l
Related resources
July 5, 2013 7:28:35 AM

grebgonebad said:
Have you run any clean-up software such as Ccleaner, Advanced system care or IObit registry defrag? Have you used the disk cleanup feature and done a full defrag? Have you checked for viruses recently? Do these and it should speed it up a bit.

How old is the PC. Did it develop this probelm recentyly or has it been gradual? Are you playing the same games you used to, or are you trying to play newer games?

Answering these can help with resolving the issue, thanks. =)


I've run all of those programs, haven't got any viruses, it's developed it recently, it's 1.5 years old and I'm playing the same games I used to.
m
0
l
July 5, 2013 7:29:19 AM

MC_K7 said:
Did you check your temps?

Did you check your service manual? Are you sure you can't open it?


Temperatures are around 90C when playing a game, and I'm sure I can't open it.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 8, 2013 1:00:28 AM

Sorry for the late reply! Weekend was FAR too hot...

90 degrees temps? I take it this is GPU? This is HOT , and it may be due to a number of factors. (Faulty fan, thermal paste is shot, etc.) I would say that these high temperatures may have damaged something inside your PC. I'm not saying this is the problem, but it is a possibility. Is it under warrenty? If so, use it. This would probably be your best bet. If you no longer have a warrenty, then I would suggest contacting Acer directly and see if they can suggest anything.
Share
July 9, 2013 6:12:46 AM

grebgonebad said:
Sorry for the late reply! Weekend was FAR too hot...

90 degrees temps? I take it this is GPU? This is HOT , and it may be due to a number of factors. (Faulty fan, thermal paste is shot, etc.) I would say that these high temperatures may have damaged something inside your PC. I'm not saying this is the problem, but it is a possibility. Is it under warrenty? If so, use it. This would probably be your best bet. If you no longer have a warrenty, then I would suggest contacting Acer directly and see if they can suggest anything.


Thanks, this is probably what I'm going to do. My warrenty ran out a little while ago so I'll contact Acer.
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 7:31:06 AM

Glad I could help =)
m
0
l
!