Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming vs ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • MSI
  • ASrock
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 5, 2013 8:46:24 AM

Which one do you think is better, I've been trying to decide for two days now.

More about : msi z77a g45 gaming asrock z77 extreme6

a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2013 9:02:01 AM

asrock z77 extreme 6 has many more features over the z77A-G45 gaming board. the MSI board is of solid quality, but purely basic z77 chipset, whereas you get some extras with the Asrock board, such as the Rear USB 3.0 Bracke, a mini PCIe slot
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2013 9:02:47 AM

I think Asrock is better.

Asrock
-4 SATA 6gb/s port

MSI
-2 SATA 6gb/s port

Both will do SLI/crossfire.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 5, 2013 9:03:40 AM

What about the Extreme4? They seem to be closer in price. How much am I loosing by dropping down to Extreme4?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2013 9:08:59 AM

DarthScabrous said:
What about the Extreme4? They seem to be closer in price. How much am I loosing by dropping down to Extreme4?


dropping down to extreme 4 you lose the extra SATA III ports (which no one actually needs unless you want to run 4 SSDs). and the other extras. basically you go down to basic z77 chipset, which would be the same as the MSI board
m
0
l
July 5, 2013 9:11:11 AM

Well crap...that just makes it harder. I have a side window, so I was looking at aesthetics, but god, they are both beautiful boards. Other than image, not much separates them. If I get the Extreme6, I'll have a better board, but I need to figure out if its worth the extra money.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2013 9:16:56 AM

DarthScabrous said:
Well crap...that just makes it harder. I have a side window, so I was looking at aesthetics, but god, they are both beautiful boards. Other than image, not much separates them. If I get the Extreme6, I'll have a better board, but I need to figure out if its worth the extra money.


honestly for the average joe the extras offered by the extreme 6 isn't worth it. quality wise asrock has been top notch for the last couple of generations, meanwhile, the MSI gaming series was really designed for the z87 series, and the z77 gaming board release occured only a few months ago so you can argue that it's a newer design with "maybe" better quality components? honest I think it'll be up to exactly how you want your build to look (aka. how much red should be there lol)
m
0
l
July 5, 2013 9:19:50 AM

My theme is mythical. I have the Enermax Coenus case, which is amazing btw, Ares ram, and if I got the msi, the dragon theme fits well with it. I'm thinking red and gold, but that could change eventually.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2013 9:32:38 AM

DarthScabrous said:
My theme is mythical. I have the Enermax Coenus case, which is amazing btw, Ares ram, and if I got the msi, the dragon theme fits well with it. I'm thinking red and gold, but that could change eventually.


yeah, I see your dilema... personally I like the MSI dragon, if that helps lol. but that is purely my personal opinion :p 
m
0
l
a c 478 4 Gaming
a c 1387 V Motherboard
July 5, 2013 10:23:49 AM

I own the Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 , it's a nice board and great for overclocking.
m
0
l
!