FX-6100 30C-40C degress idle

gamecube756

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Core Temp is giving me 30c to 40c when I'm surfing the web and around idle, I'm unsure if this is adequate because i have a dell case with one exhaust fan and poor cable management because of the size of the case. Should i be worried about this? Upon installation some of the pre-applied thermal paste was rubbed off (had to put it back in the box) so I'm a little concerned. Thanks for the help guys!

Solution
This is not out of the norm IMO. Standard idle is in the 30s. Max temps are in the 70s. No worries here. This should calm your nerves. Although if you have any doubts about thermal paste, reapply IMO, cheap insurance.

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
This is not out of the norm IMO. Standard idle is in the 30s. Max temps are in the 70s. No worries here. This should calm your nerves. Although if you have any doubts about thermal paste, reapply IMO, cheap insurance.

Solution

gamecube756

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

thanks! i just loaded up team fortress 2 to see what sort of temperatures i would get and it never went above 55 so i should calm down, all those horror stories get to me. Ill probably pick up some thermal paste from microcenter in the near future! Thanks for your time!

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011

What is 60 fml? I assume you mean 60 degrees C? Your CPU isn't seated correctly I'd bet. Are you using a stock heat sink? Is your CPU fan plugged into the board correctly on the CPU header? Is your cpu fan running? This is a bit of thread jumping so your probably better off posting new thread about your setup and temperature settings as I will no longer reply on this one. Thanks Gamecube for BA.

gamecube756

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

Yup something isnt right there, i would also suggest reseating everything to make sure heat is properly being transferred! Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes i bet.