Solved

Any suggestions for a new processor?

I am thinking of upgrading my processor when i have the money, but i just want to know if anyone has any suggestions for good cheap processors :)
29 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suggestions processor
  1. FatalxShadow said:
    I am thinking of upgrading my processor when i have the money, but i just want to know if anyone has any suggestions for good cheap processors :)


    What cpu and motherboard do you currently have?
  2. robnof said:
    FatalxShadow said:
    I am thinking of upgrading my processor when i have the money, but i just want to know if anyone has any suggestions for good cheap processors :)


    What cpu and motherboard do you currently have?


    an AMD 4100 quad core
  3. whats your budget?
  4. mrdmatt123 said:
    whats your budget?


    like 150-200$
  5. What's your motherboard?
  6. intel i5 4570k would be your best bet its about 200 and you can overclock it and it will run current games as good as an i7 right now
  7. the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2
  8. mrdmatt123 said:
    intel i5 4570k would be your best bet its about 200 and you can overclock it and it will run current games as good as an i7 right now


    He won't be getting that for a budget of 150 - 200 dollars. That's not including the necessary motherboard upgrade.
  9. FatalxShadow said:
    mrdmatt123 said:
    whats your budget?


    like 150-200$


    If you're board is compatible, you can always get an fx 8350. It's a pretty well rounded processor.
  10. robnof said:
    FatalxShadow said:
    mrdmatt123 said:
    whats your budget?


    like 150-200$


    If you're board is compatible, you can always get an fx 8350. It's a pretty well rounded processor.


    or wait for the steamroller
  11. what about the AMD Bulldozer FX4150i?
  12. robnof said:
    mrdmatt123 said:
    intel i5 4570k would be your best bet its about 200 and you can overclock it and it will run current games as good as an i7 right now


    He won't be getting that for a budget of 150 - 200 dollars. That's not including the necessary motherboard upgrade.


    I saw it on sale for 200 like a week ago on slick deals but yeah probably not the best idea if you have to upgrade the mobo
  13. mrdmatt123 said:
    robnof said:
    mrdmatt123 said:
    intel i5 4570k would be your best bet its about 200 and you can overclock it and it will run current games as good as an i7 right now


    He won't be getting that for a budget of 150 - 200 dollars. That's not including the necessary motherboard upgrade.


    I saw it on sale for 200 like a week ago on slick deals but yeah probably not the best idea if you have to upgrade the mobo


    At the moment, can my pc run games like farcry 3, borderlands 2, skyrim, metro last light?

    Specs:

    Processor: AMD 4100 quad core

    GPU: EVGA GTX 760

    PSU: Corsair cx500

    RAM: 8GB

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2

    Hard Drive: 1 TB HDD
  14. FatalxShadow said:
    what about the AMD Bulldozer FX4150i?


    Not really an upgrade from the 4100. You could overclock your 4100 and get that performance increase.
  15. robnof said:
    FatalxShadow said:
    what about the AMD Bulldozer FX4150i?


    Not really an upgrade from the 4100. You could overclock your 4100 and get that performance increase.


    im a little new at this, how do i overclock it?
  16. FatalxShadow said:
    mrdmatt123 said:
    robnof said:
    mrdmatt123 said:
    intel i5 4570k would be your best bet its about 200 and you can overclock it and it will run current games as good as an i7 right now


    He won't be getting that for a budget of 150 - 200 dollars. That's not including the necessary motherboard upgrade.


    I saw it on sale for 200 like a week ago on slick deals but yeah probably not the best idea if you have to upgrade the mobo


    At the moment, can my pc run games like farcry 3, borderlands 2, skyrim, metro last light?

    Specs:

    Processor: AMD 4100 quad core

    GPU: EVGA GTX 760

    PSU: Corsair cx500

    RAM: 8GB

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2

    Hard Drive: 1 TB HDD


    Not metro on 1080 ultra but everything else should be good
  17. robnof said:
    FatalxShadow said:
    mrdmatt123 said:
    whats your budget?


    like 150-200$


    If you're board is compatible, you can always get an fx 8350. It's a pretty well rounded processor.


    how do i check if my mobo is compatible?
  18. FatalxShadow said:

    im a little new at this, how do i overclock it?


    Just buy an aftermarket cooler, a Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus is a good option, and change the cpu ratio or multiplier in the bios. Let me see if I can find you a proper guide, it's been a while since I overclocked an AMD processor.
  19. FatalxShadow said:

    how do i check if my mobo is compatible?


    Check the manufacturer's website, and your motherboard page. It should have a cpu compatibility list. If it's an older board you might need a bios update for a piledriver cpu .
  20. Here's a guide to overclocking Bulldozer cpus. Its not a 4100 but the idea is essentially the same. Although before you overclock, check out what the safe ratios are for your cpu as to not damage it.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/bulldozer-overclocking-guide-performance-scaling-charts-max-ocs-ln2-results-coming
  21. You can't OC using that motherboard. best CPU to be put on that board is a FX6300. Or you can sell both that board and the fx4100 for a better combo around 300-350$.
  22. Madn3ss795 said:
    You can't OC using that motherboard. best CPU to be put on that board is a FX6300. Or you can sell both that board and the fx4100 for a better combo around 300-350$.


    so shoulld i just go with the fx6300?
  23. there is a deal on newegg right now where you can get an amd a10 and an msi fm2 micro atx mobo for 160
  24. Yes, upgrade to a fx6300, and save the rest to upgrade to a better motherboard that support 8 cores CPUs and overclocking later, like the Gigabyte GA 970a UD3.
  25. Madn3ss795 said:
    Yes, upgrade to a fx6300, and save the rest to upgrade to a better motherboard that support 8 cores CPUs and overclocking later, like the Gigabyte GA 970a UD3.


    and my mobo can support the fx6300?
  26. Best answer
    Yes, you mobo support the fx6300 nicely, without the needs of updating any motherboard-related software.
  27. Madn3ss795 said:
    Yes, you mobo support the fx6300 nicely, without the needs of updating any motherboard-related software.


    Ok, im set now, thank you all for your help and opinions, it gives me a better outlook on what to buy, and what not to buy, thank you :)
  28. You're welcome. Don't forget to pick the best answer when things got solved :)
  29. FatalxShadow said:
    Madn3ss795 said:
    Yes, upgrade to a fx6300, and save the rest to upgrade to a better motherboard that support 8 cores CPUs and overclocking later, like the Gigabyte GA 970a UD3.


    and my mobo can support the fx6300?

    You can check the CPU support of your motherboard here.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Processors