Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Windows Issues Help?

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 7, 2013 5:18:38 PM

I am running Windows 7. I am having issues trying to upload photos. I can not get system tools to work, When I try to use them I don't get any kind of error massage. I looked at the event viewed and I have a ton of "APPCRASHES" I am not sure what to do here.....Any help is appreciated. I know basic computer fixes and maintenance. To me it seems like I am missing system files?

More about : windows issues

a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2013 5:22:47 PM

Or corrupted files and/ or virus. Scan and see or try system restore "last known good configuration".
m
0
l
July 7, 2013 5:25:58 PM

ur6beersaway said:
Or corrupted files and/ or virus. Scan and see or try system restore "last known good configuration".


I did the disk check and it did have corrupted files. How do I fix this? The files that were corrupted seemed to be jpg files. I deleted them and I am still having issues. I also did the last known good config and I have the same thing.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2013 8:44:29 PM

Okay slow up. Your trying to "upload photos". Are you trying to 'send' / upload them to a website (Facebook, etc.) or are you trying to 'upload' them off the memory card/camera/DVD to your computer???

What 'disk' did you check? Where the pictures were stored (memory card, iphone, etc.) or did you diskcheck your C drive?

If you run a chkdsk /f in a CMD prompt, you will need to reboot then it will scan you C drive for corrupt stuff, but we may be looking at the wrong end of the elephant here, and that is why the extra question
m
0
l
July 8, 2013 7:53:49 AM

When I try to upload them to any site. Facebook or ordering prints I get nothing. I don't even get the menu to pick photos to upload. I have them backed up on a drive so if I have to re install Windows 7 I wont loose my customers photos. I also tried to back up a few photos just to see if I could and I could not.

I set up the check disk to run last night and it did. It sat at stage 5 at 25% and did not get past 25%. The system tool are not working, can run defrag or back up either. I did a virus scan and it came up with nothing. I am at a loss here to what is going on.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 8, 2013 10:41:42 AM

MJC Photo said:
When I try to upload them to any site. Facebook or ordering prints I get nothing. I don't even get the menu to pick photos to upload. I have them backed up on a drive so if I have to re install Windows 7 I wont loose my customers photos. I also tried to back up a few photos just to see if I could and I could not.

I set up the check disk to run last night and it did. It sat at stage 5 at 25% and did not get past 25%. The system tool are not working, can run defrag or back up either. I did a virus scan and it came up with nothing. I am at a loss here to what is going on.


Failing Hard Drive. If you can't run the most basic command in 'dos mode' (check disk) then your system has a Hard Drive Failure, and the data on the drive may be 'lost' as it is all / will be corrupt when trying to read from it (thus can't "do" anything with it).

You would need to replace your Hard Drive, and reinstall EVERYTHING from Day 1. If your not familiar with any of this, or don't wish to be down a few days doing this everyday till you were back to some 'normal' standard, this may be your business requirement to buy a new system instead and sell this one off as a business loss (there is a tax term to help recoup loss).

Any photos you current have will be lost, as the source (this bad drive) is FAILED. Any programs you currently have, you will have to redownload / reinstall from disk, I hope you have the licenses somewhere handy? All personal information (shortcuts, favorites, documents, etc.) will also be lost. All email, unless it resides on your email host (Myaccount@yahoo.com) will also be lost.

Good Luck

Share
a b $ Windows 7
July 8, 2013 7:42:17 PM

Tom Tancredi said:


Only works if the DATA of the drive is readable. Those are software solutions normally for "oops I deleted it and emptied my Recycle bin" folks. Not when the Hard Drive during CHKDSK CAN'T COMPLETE the testing. The actual PLATTERS the data rests on are damaged and no 'software' can fix that.


So It's absolutely impossible and even an expert shop is a scam & he should "give-up"? NOT
paid if its that important=http://www.fields-data-recovery.com/?utm_source=Bing_Ya...
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 8, 2013 10:26:14 PM

ur6beersaway said:
Tom Tancredi said:


Only works if the DATA of the drive is readable. Those are software solutions normally for "oops I deleted it and emptied my Recycle bin" folks. Not when the Hard Drive during CHKDSK CAN'T COMPLETE the testing. The actual PLATTERS the data rests on are damaged and no 'software' can fix that.


So It's absolutely impossible and even an expert shop is a scam & he should "give-up"? NOT
paid if its that important=http://www.fields-data-recovery.com/?utm_source=Bing_Ya...


If the actual platters are failing (NOTE: he said Chkdsk run BEFORE the OS GUI FAILED to complete and hung), then the actual bits are not available to 'software solutions'. The next step (the link you provided) is FORESIC level, actual physical removal of the platters, in bunny suits in a clean room, and using extremely expensive tools to try and 'piece' together with a % of error the data. This is what happened to government / business from 9-11, for Katrina, and commonly done by LAW Enforcement at the State and Federal Levels.

That is EXPENSIVE (10K to start with) and only worth it if the value of the data is more (say the Million dollar Financial Transactions) then the cost.
Notice the 'Price Guide' tab is 'blank' on the link only responding back to customers, with probable vague statements (yeah not $100 and it is all fixed).
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 7:35:36 AM

I had to order a reinstall disk from Microsoft. I have to wipe the hard drive and currently saving all my 50,000 photos. I am hoping that the reinstall will fix it. I tried to make a system image and I could not. The first hard drive had failed 10 days after the warranty was up. I had someone look at it and they drive completely failed. He stuck it in the freezer........:pfff:  and was able to get everything I needed off it. I got a new hard drive and had him install it and load the OS on it. Had him check the drive yesterday and he said it was working fine. To OS is what is failing.....He checked for viruses and malware and came up with nothing. He suggested that I get a Windows disk and reinstall Windows. I called and ordered the disk.........Now just waiting for the disk to get here. It would have been done already if I had the disk..........:sarcastic: . If reinstalling the OS does not fix the problem I am going to use the computer for target practice. :sarcastic:  From now on if I buy a new computer I am going to be getting all the software disks. I run a photography business and I need a reliable computer. Thinking the next computer I will be getting will be a MAC. It might be worth the extra money..........:na: 

m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 9, 2013 5:47:26 PM

" I am going to use the computer for target practice." Lol Good stuff :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
!