Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is 100% CPU Usage bad?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 8, 2013 1:23:16 AM

I have an Intel Core I7-3770K at everything stock and I am planning on soon running about 5 VMware players at the same time.

I've tried so far with 3 and my CPU % usage is about around 70% so I'm guessing with 5 it'd be near 100%.

What I need to know though is that if my CPU runs at 100% while doing multiple VMware, is this bad for my CPU?

And also a side question, with 2-3 VMware on my ram usage is like 5gb out of my 8gb, should I upgrade to 16gb ram?

Thanks!!

More about : 100 cpu usage bad

July 8, 2013 1:38:23 AM

Honestly, I don't have enough situations to where I've experienced that much CPU usage.

However, as far as RAM goes, 16GB+ is never a bad thing to have. It's just a plus for you. Yes, I would definitely upgrade for those kinds of tasks. 8GB is usually good enough for gaming, but anything beyond that needs more most likely.
July 8, 2013 1:53:12 AM

warustar said:
Honestly, I don't have enough situations to where I've experienced that much CPU usage.

However, as far as RAM goes, 16GB+ is never a bad thing to have. It's just a plus for you. Yes, I would definitely upgrade for those kinds of tasks. 8GB is usually good enough for gaming, but anything beyond that needs more most likely.

Oh ok ,So would you think this is a bad thing then or no?
Related resources

Best solution

July 8, 2013 2:02:31 AM

bingaloman said:
warustar said:

It's not necessarily bad, but for your tasks, I would add another 8GB of RAM. I'm not very knowlegable with VMWare, but I know that memory plays an important role in the whole deal.
July 8, 2013 2:11:17 AM

warustar said:
bingaloman said:
warustar said:

It's not necessarily bad, but for your tasks, I would add another 8GB of RAM. I'm not very knowlegable with VMWare, but I know that memory plays an important role in the whole deal.

Thanks, I guess as long as temps are within safe range it's ok.
!