Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Buy GTX 760 or spend more for GTX 770?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 8, 2013 3:16:56 AM

Hello everyone,

so I can't decide which GPU I should get: Gigabyte GTX 760 2 G2 OC or Gigabyte GTX 2 GB OC. GTX 760 in my country costs 326 USD and GTX 770's price is 500 USD. So is it really worth it to pay extra money for the performance I would get with 770?

All I want is to play BF3 multiplayer (64 man servers), MOHW and other similar games above 60 FPS on Medium - High on 1080p. Is 760 capable do do that? Also, I would like to play game AT LEAST on Medium for about 2-3 years. So what would you advice for me? I'll be using GPU with I5-4570.

Tautvydas

Best solution

July 8, 2013 3:23:27 AM
Share

Take a look at this website:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The 760 ranks 9th and the 770 ranks 3rd with an extra 1,200 points. The 760 currently has the best price to perofrmance ratio, and is an excellent card, however the 770 is better, and noticeably so. However, if you got the 760 you would be able to play B3 on Ultra for many years, and would probably even be able to play B4 on high when it is released.

Sources: I have a 670 SLI setup, but even with one card I get 60+FPS on B3 on Ultra! As you can see the 670 is only about 300 points ahead of the 760.

So go for the 760 if you dont have the extra money, but if you are willing to then the 770 would be the obvious choice!
July 8, 2013 3:42:46 AM

grebgonebad said:
Take a look at this website:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The 760 ranks 9th and the 770 ranks 3rd with an extra 1,200 points. The 760 currently has the best price to perofrmance ratio, and is an excellent card, however the 770 is better, and noticeably so. However, if you got the 760 you would be able to play B3 on Ultra for many years, and would probably even be able to play B4 on high when it is released.

Sources: I have a 670 SLI setup, but even with one card I get 60+FPS on B3 on Ultra! As you can see the 670 is only about 300 points ahead of the 760.

So go for the 760 if you dont have the extra money, but if you are willing to then the 770 would be the obvious choice!

Thanks, man! So I'll pick up GTX 760 then. Still, it'll be a lot better than my current radeon 7850.
Related resources
July 8, 2013 8:15:29 AM

grebgonebad said:
It is better than the 7850 yes. =) take a look at this website and Ctrl + F for the twwo cards:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

About an extra 1,400 points I think. =)

Glad I helped!


byogamingpc said:
The GTX 760 http://amzn.to/15J0OZX is a great card for the price but if you can get a GTX 770 http://amzn.to/12pHgyy then totally get one, it's a beast.

I'd get Gigabyte GTX 770, but in US it costs sbout 409 USD while in my country 500 USD. Also, in my country average salary is 769 USD and to pay 500 USD for GPU is kinda overkill. But because I'm 16 years old and I'll have to pay only 50 % of PC price, so maybe I will get GTX 770. I could play with this card for a long time, but I don't know if I'm gonna play games that long (I'm finishing scholl in two years), so this is why I can't decide.
July 8, 2013 8:24:21 AM

RoGearLTU said:
grebgonebad said:
It is better than the 7850 yes. =) take a look at this website and Ctrl + F for the twwo cards:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

About an extra 1,400 points I think. =)

Glad I helped!


byogamingpc said:
The GTX 760 http://amzn.to/15J0OZX is a great card for the price but if you can get a GTX 770 http://amzn.to/12pHgyy then totally get one, it's a beast.

I'd get Gigabyte GTX 770, but in US it costs sbout 409 USD while in my country 500 USD. Also, in my country average salary is 769 USD and to pay 500 USD for GPU is kinda overkill. But because I'm 16 years old and I'll have to pay only 50 % of PC price, so maybe I will get GTX 770. I could play with this card for a long time, but I don't know if I'm gonna play games that long (I'm finishing scholl in two years), so this is why I can't decide.


Wow. that is a bit pricey!

You are on about average salary, and yet you are still at school at 16? How does this work? Sorry if it's perfectly normal, I'm 18 from the UK and I got a job AFTER school...

I would go for the 760, even thogh you can get 50% off. If you dont plan on using it much then it would be a waste of hardware to get a 770. In two years there will probably be the 800 series or 900 series cards out by then, so you can upgrade then. =) A 760 will be more than adequate, it's still an enthusiasts card.
July 8, 2013 12:39:25 PM

grebgonebad said:
RoGearLTU said:
grebgonebad said:
It is better than the 7850 yes. =) take a look at this website and Ctrl + F for the twwo cards:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

About an extra 1,400 points I think. =)

Glad I helped!


byogamingpc said:
The GTX 760 http://amzn.to/15J0OZX is a great card for the price but if you can get a GTX 770 http://amzn.to/12pHgyy then totally get one, it's a beast.

I'd get Gigabyte GTX 770, but in US it costs sbout 409 USD while in my country 500 USD. Also, in my country average salary is 769 USD and to pay 500 USD for GPU is kinda overkill. But because I'm 16 years old and I'll have to pay only 50 % of PC price, so maybe I will get GTX 770. I could play with this card for a long time, but I don't know if I'm gonna play games that long (I'm finishing scholl in two years), so this is why I can't decide.


Wow. that is a bit pricey!

You are on about average salary, and yet you are still at school at 16? How does this work? Sorry if it's perfectly normal, I'm 18 from the UK and I got a job AFTER school...

I would go for the 760, even thogh you can get 50% off. If you dont plan on using it much then it would be a waste of hardware to get a 770. In two years there will probably be the 800 series or 900 series cards out by then, so you can upgrade then. =) A 760 will be more than adequate, it's still an enthusiasts card.

What I meant about salary is that I want you to understand how much 770 costs in my country. I would buy 770, but I don't know if I'll be able to play games after I'll finish school (my parents don't like video-games and I'll need to study). So I'll probably buy GTX 760, because it's a lot cheaper and if I play games after school, I'll sell 760 and buy something from new geneneration GPUs. :) 

Thank you everyone for advice.
July 9, 2013 1:13:27 AM

Glad I could help! =)

Just out of interest, have you considered buying yourself a console instead? It would work out cheaper than a PC and it would use far less power. By the sounds of it this would be perfect for you, seeing as you dont know how much time you will be spending playing games and getting the use out of your PC. just a thought...

Good luck in the future!
July 9, 2013 2:15:11 AM

grebgonebad said:
Glad I could help! =)

Just out of interest, have you considered buying yourself a console instead? It would work out cheaper than a PC and it would use far less power. By the sounds of it this would be perfect for you, seeing as you dont know how much time you will be spending playing games and getting the use out of your PC. just a thought...

Good luck in the future!

Yeah, I thought about picking up PS4, but the main reason, why I want PC, is mouse and keyboard. I'll play BF4 for the most of the time and to play FPS games is A LOT BETTER with mice and keyboard (at least for me). I played BF3 for about a year on Xbox 360 and when I bought a PC and tried BF3 on it, it just blew my mind, how a lot better experience is with mouse. Also, I'll need PC to do some work for school and other stuff, so I'm sure that I want not a console, but computer.
!