Solved

I5 4670k oc mobo help

Just looking for help choosing a mobo to overclock an i5 4670k. I'm looking for the cheapest possible but still good enough to get the job done and be reliable. Ty
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4670k mobo
  1. Full system specs? PSU especially?
  2. Novuake said:
    Full system specs? PSU especially?


    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1eAhi
  3. Novuake said:
    Full system specs? PSU especially?


    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z87pro3. This would be perfect if it is good enough to oc
  4. Best answer
    It is not. Cheapest Asrock you should be looking at is the Z87 extreme 3.
    As for your CX750 power supply, you need to get a 550W power supply that is more stable and of higher quality, the CXs are decent for low budget systems, but not if you wanna OC.

    This mobo : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z87extreme3
    This PSU : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu650txv2

    What cooler will you be getting to OC on?
  5. Novuake said:
    It is not. Cheapest Asrock you should be looking at is the Z87 extreme 3.
    As for your CX750 power supply, you need to get a 550W power supply that is more stable and of higher quality, the CXs are decent for low budget systems, but not if you wanna OC.

    This mobo : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z87extreme3
    This PSU : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu650txv2


    What cooler will you be getting to OC on?


    Cooler master hyper Evo 212
  6. Good, well have fun!
  7. Novuake said:
    Good, well have fun!


    Thank you, sir? You've been great help I appreciate it very much. I've also got a gpu thread open if you're knowledgable in that area. Thanks again
  8. drewg437 said:
    Novuake said:
    Good, well have fun!


    Thank you, sir? You've been great help I appreciate it very much. I've also got a gpu thread open if you're knowledgable in that area. Thanks again


    Link me to it. :D
  9. Novuake said:
    drewg437 said:
    Novuake said:
    Good, well have fun!


    Thank you, sir? You've been great help I appreciate it very much. I've also got a gpu thread open if you're knowledgable in that area. Thanks again


    Link me to it. :D


    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1727428/choosing-gpu-haswell-build.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i5 Motherboards