Solved

Intel core i5 3570k Overclock Questions

Hello, I have the intel core i5 3570k overclocked at 4.7Ghz at the moment, with temps. in at about 65-70C. I am running on 1.170V for the Vcore, with the coolermaster Evo. So are these good temps.? Could i run at this speed 24/7. Also i used prime95 for testing. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel core 3570k overclock questions
  1. Thats incredible temps. What motherboard are you using? I find it weird that you hit 4.7 on less than 1.2V. It takes mine 1.3 to hit 4.5 GHz, unless you just got extremely lucky with your CPU. How long did you run Prime95?
  2. fatboytyler said:
    Thats incredible temps. What motherboard are you using? I find it weird that you hit 4.7 on less than 1.2V. It takes mine 1.3 to hit 4.5 GHz, unless you just got extremely lucky with your CPU. How long did you run Prime95?

    I am using the ASrock extreme4 motherboard, and ran prime for about 18 hours.
  3. Best answer
    Nice nice! Yea those temps are perfectly fine and that voltage is great. And to have it remain that cool after 18 hours is phenomenal.
  4. fatboytyler said:
    Nice nice! Yea those temps are perfectly fine and that voltage is great. And to have it remain that cool after 18 hours is phenomenal.

    I just realized I messed up on the temps. sorry they hit as high as about 75C.
  5. chess1234 said:
    fatboytyler said:
    Nice nice! Yea those temps are perfectly fine and that voltage is great. And to have it remain that cool after 18 hours is phenomenal.

    I just realized I messed up on the temps. sorry they hit as high as about 75C.



    You're still perfectly fine. Mine will peak at low 80s for a few minutes. Really don't need to panic until 85+
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Core Intel Intel i5