Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 8, 2013 8:13:13 PM

I get this error message when playing games like League of Legends, Cube World and Hawken. I searched for solutions, haven't found any... At first, I thought that my GPU had a problem, so I returned it and got a brand new one. But the problem is still occuring. I don't know if this can have a link, but it happens more often when i got my google chrome navigator openned (facebook/youtube/etc). I really hate when this happens, so I hope to fix this. Thx for answering !

My PC specs are :
- AMD FX-6300 (CPU)
- 8 gigs of RAM
- Radeon HD 7850 (Drivers are all up-to-date) (GPU)
- Asus M5A99X (MB)
July 8, 2013 8:23:40 PM

Which graphics card do you have? I had the same problem with my radeon 6750. It always happened when I had youtube running in the background and also playing a game. I switched to pandora, and also lowered my GPU clock in CCC, I haven't had the problem since.
m
0
l
July 8, 2013 8:37:33 PM

Andrew Stinnette said:
Which graphics card do you have? I had the same problem with my radeon 6750. It always happened when I had youtube running in the background and also playing a game. I switched to pandora, and also lowered my GPU clock in CCC, I haven't had the problem since.


My graphic card is Radeon Hd 7850. If you ''solve'' your problem, I'd want to explain me what are pandora and what is CCC. Thx for answering !:) 
m
0
l
Related resources
July 9, 2013 5:19:48 PM

Catylyst control center it's Radeons program for their brand of cards, pandora is just like youtube except without the videos, it plays random music like the band you choose.
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 5:21:18 PM

Andrew Stinnette said:
Catylyst control center it's Radeons program for their brand of cards, pandora is just like youtube except without the videos, it plays random music like the band you choose.


Just double checked it apprently they changed tha name to AMD Vision engine control center
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 7:00:07 PM

Andrew Stinnette said:
Catylyst control center it's Radeons program for their brand of cards, pandora is just like youtube except without the videos, it plays random music like the band you choose.


Andrew Stinnette said:
Andrew Stinnette said:
Catylyst control center it's Radeons program for their brand of cards, pandora is just like youtube except without the videos, it plays random music like the band you choose.


Just double checked it apprently they changed tha name to AMD Vision engine control center


And what do you do in Vision Center ? I once looked at it, but it's quite confusing.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 11, 2013 8:22:16 PM

There should be an option under one of the tabs to underclock your graphics card, I no longer have AMD as I switched to a GTX 770, but look under the tabs and you'll see two sliders and take them both down a little bit, and this should solve your problem. At least it solved mine I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Share
July 12, 2013 10:35:17 PM

Andrew Stinnette said:
There should be an option under one of the tabs to underclock your graphics card, I no longer have AMD as I switched to a GTX 770, but look under the tabs and you'll see two sliders and take them both down a little bit, and this should solve your problem. At least it solved mine I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!


Thanks a lot man !!! :D 
m
0
l
!