Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How does this gaming pc look

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 9, 2013 8:03:10 AM

How does it look, anything I should change, what are your views. Thanks :) 

I7 4770
•Gigabyte H87-HD3 intel socket 1150 motherboard
•Corsair vengeance performance 1600 8GB DDR3
•Western digital blue 1TB SATA III 3.5" hard drive
•Zotac nvidia gtx 760 2GB graphics card
•TP-Link TL-WN781ND 150mbps wireless Lite N PCI express adapter
•CCL choice 22x DVD+/-RW drive
•Corsair carbide 200r gaming black midi tower case
•Corsair cx builder series 600w power supply
•Windows 7 home premium 64-bit (sp1)

More about : gaming

a c 302 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 8:15:20 AM

Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 8:20:13 AM

Looks pretty good. The only thing I might recommend is an 802.11ac wireless card - you may only have an "n" router now but may as well prepare for the (much faster) future.
July 9, 2013 8:20:38 AM

tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


If I were to drop I would drop to a i5 I would drop to the i5 4670 (non k) because I don't want to overclock, the i7 4770 would be better than the i5 though wouldn't it in CPU intensive games. I'll mainly be playing the total war series. If was to drop to a i5 what should I spend the spare money on
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 8:20:40 AM

tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


+1. Put the money from the i7 into a better-quality PSU (I suggest the XFX Core Edition 550w, which is made by SeaSonic and surprisingly cheap) and a 60GB SSD for your OS.
a c 302 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 8:22:21 AM

Kingfirespark said:
tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


If I were to drop I would drop to a i5 I would drop to the i5 4670 (non k) because I don't want to overclock, the i7 4770 would be better than the i5 though wouldn't it in CPU intensive games. I'll mainly be playing the total war series. If was to drop to a i5 what should I spend the spare money on


No an i7 = i5 in games. Games do not and will not use hyper threading. Many people with i7s disable hyperthreading when they game making their CPU an i5. ALWAYS get an i5 for gaming. There is no benefit at all to an i7.

use the saved money on a better GPU. That is what really matters.
July 9, 2013 8:26:09 AM

Jack Revenant said:
tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


+1. Put the money from the i7 into a better-quality PSU (I suggest the XFX Core Edition 550w, which is made by SeaSonic and surprisingly cheap) and a 60GB SSD for your OS.


What would the benifats of that psu be compared to the corsair one and yeah I might get a ssd
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 8:29:14 AM

Kingfirespark said:
Jack Revenant said:
tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


+1. Put the money from the i7 into a better-quality PSU (I suggest the XFX Core Edition 550w, which is made by SeaSonic and surprisingly cheap) and a 60GB SSD for your OS.


What would the benifats of that psu be compared to the corsair one and yeah I might get a ssd


It's a higher-quality PSU from a better brand. It's less likely to fail.

If not an SSD, you might see if you can squeeze enough out of the price to afford a GTX 770.
July 9, 2013 8:34:33 AM

tiny voices said:
Kingfirespark said:
tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


If I were to drop I would drop to a i5 I would drop to the i5 4670 (non k) because I don't want to overclock, the i7 4770 would be better than the i5 though wouldn't it in CPU intensive games. I'll mainly be playing the total war series. If was to drop to a i5 what should I spend the spare money on


No an i7 = i5 in games. Games do not and will not use hyper threading. Many people with i7s disable hyperthreading when they game making their CPU an i5. ALWAYS get an i5 for gaming. There is no benefit at all to an i7.

use the saved money on a better GPU. That is what really matters.


I will drop to an i5 and buy a 120gb ssd I think, I would like to upgrade the gpu but I won't have enough for a better one because the gtx 760 is £200 and better than a amd 7950 and the cheapest better one would be a gtx 670 or a amd 7970 which are about £90-£100 more and I can't afford them
July 9, 2013 8:37:22 AM

Jack Revenant said:
Kingfirespark said:
Jack Revenant said:
tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


+1. Put the money from the i7 into a better-quality PSU (I suggest the XFX Core Edition 550w, which is made by SeaSonic and surprisingly cheap) and a 60GB SSD for your OS.


What would the benifats of that psu be compared to the corsair one and yeah I might get a ssd


It's a higher-quality PSU from a better brand. It's less likely to fail.

If not an SSD, you might see if you can squeeze enough out of the price to afford a GTX 770.


I'll have a think about the psu then and the 770 is just out my budget :( 
July 9, 2013 8:39:16 AM

i5
corsair CS is 'good enough'
Add: 120/180 GB SSD. I love mine. off to on in under 30 secs. Sounds like a small thing, it is not. Also, extremely 'snappy' when going from one app to another and always brings a smile to my face. Intel 335, Samsung 840, and Crucial M4 come to mind, but there are many quality ones out there. The slowest SSD is light years ahead of the fasted HDD.
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 8:44:09 AM

Kingfirespark said:
Jack Revenant said:
Kingfirespark said:
Jack Revenant said:
tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


+1. Put the money from the i7 into a better-quality PSU (I suggest the XFX Core Edition 550w, which is made by SeaSonic and surprisingly cheap) and a 60GB SSD for your OS.


What would the benifats of that psu be compared to the corsair one and yeah I might get a ssd


It's a higher-quality PSU from a better brand. It's less likely to fail.

If not an SSD, you might see if you can squeeze enough out of the price to afford a GTX 770.


I'll have a think about the psu then and the 770 is just out my budget :( 


I would strongly suggest getting a better PSU for a build of this value. While Corsair is a decent brand, you really don't want to take chances with your PSU with that sort of investment, and the difference between the CS600w and the XFX 550w is pretty small in most countries.
July 9, 2013 8:45:44 AM

odiervr said:
i5
corsair CS is 'good enough'
Add: 120/180 GB SSD. I love mine. off to on in under 30 secs. Sounds like a small thing, it is not. Also, extremely 'snappy' when going from one app to another and always brings a smile to my face. Intel 335, Samsung 840, and Crucial M4 come to mind, but there are many quality ones out there. The slowest SSD is light years ahead of the fasted HDD.


Yeah just what I was thinking, the corsair cs will do and I'll buy a 120gb ssd
July 9, 2013 8:45:45 AM

odiervr said:
i5
corsair CS is 'good enough'
Add: 120/180 GB SSD. I love mine. off to on in under 30 secs. Sounds like a small thing, it is not. Also, extremely 'snappy' when going from one app to another and always brings a smile to my face. Intel 335, Samsung 840, and Crucial M4 come to mind, but there are many quality ones out there. The slowest SSD is light years ahead of the fasted HDD.


Yeah just what I was thinking, the corsair cs will do and I'll buy a 120gb ssd
July 9, 2013 8:52:15 AM

Jack Revenant said:
Kingfirespark said:
Jack Revenant said:
Kingfirespark said:
Jack Revenant said:
tiny voices said:
Drop to an i5. there is no benefit to an i7 at all for gaming. just wasted money.


+1. Put the money from the i7 into a better-quality PSU (I suggest the XFX Core Edition 550w, which is made by SeaSonic and surprisingly cheap) and a 60GB SSD for your OS.


What would the benifats of that psu be compared to the corsair one and yeah I might get a ssd


It's a higher-quality PSU from a better brand. It's less likely to fail.

If not an SSD, you might see if you can squeeze enough out of the price to afford a GTX 770.


I'll have a think about the psu then and the 770 is just out my budget :( 


I would strongly suggest getting a better PSU for a build of this value. While Corsair is a decent brand, you really don't want to take chances with your PSU with that sort of investment, and the difference between the CS600w and the XFX 550w is pretty small in most countries.


I have a look at the price difference and then decide, hopefully less that £10 difference :) 

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 8:53:32 AM
Share

Kingfirespark said:
odiervr said:
i5
corsair CS is 'good enough'
Add: 120/180 GB SSD. I love mine. off to on in under 30 secs. Sounds like a small thing, it is not. Also, extremely 'snappy' when going from one app to another and always brings a smile to my face. Intel 335, Samsung 840, and Crucial M4 come to mind, but there are many quality ones out there. The slowest SSD is light years ahead of the fasted HDD.


Yeah just what I was thinking, the corsair cs will do and I'll buy a 120gb ssd


You're in the UK, correct? If so, the XFX is actually cheaper than the Corsair: £49.86 (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-psu-xfx-core-editio...) vs. £57.36 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ALYOTTI/?tag=pcp0f-21).

I would recommend a Samsung 840 Pro 128GB or Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB for your SSD.
July 9, 2013 8:59:35 AM

Jack Revenant said:
Kingfirespark said:
odiervr said:
i5
corsair CS is 'good enough'
Add: 120/180 GB SSD. I love mine. off to on in under 30 secs. Sounds like a small thing, it is not. Also, extremely 'snappy' when going from one app to another and always brings a smile to my face. Intel 335, Samsung 840, and Crucial M4 come to mind, but there are many quality ones out there. The slowest SSD is light years ahead of the fasted HDD.


Yeah just what I was thinking, the corsair cs will do and I'll buy a 120gb ssd


You're in the UK, correct? If so, the XFX is actually cheaper than the Corsair: £49.86 (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-psu-xfx-core-editio...) vs. £57.36 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ALYOTTI/?tag=pcp0f-21).

I would recommend a Samsung 840 Pro 128GB or Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB for your SSD.


I'll buy that psu then and have a loot at them ssds, I've got training now so I be back soon
July 9, 2013 12:20:56 PM

Thanks guys for the input.
I've changed the CPU to a i5 4670, put a Samsung 840 120GB ssd in the build and I am still thinking about the psu, I may change it or may well not:) . Thanks
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 12:24:59 PM

Kingfirespark said:
Thanks guys for the input.
I've changed the CPU to a i5 4670, put a Samsung 840 120GB ssd in the build and I am still thinking about the psu, I may change it or may well not:) . Thanks


Our pleasure. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Good luck and happy gaming!
July 9, 2013 12:55:03 PM

Our pleasure. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Good luck and happy gaming![/quotemsg]

Thanks:) 
!