Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need Best Budget GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 9, 2013 12:55:30 PM

I am trying to find a good Nvidia GPU for light to moderate gaming. NFS, Sims 3. I need a low profile card that is around $50.

More about : budget gpu

a c 101 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 12:59:01 PM

I would not purchase any card for that price. Just not worth it.
July 9, 2013 1:02:19 PM

ksham said:
I would not purchase any card for that price. Just not worth it.


What about $100?
Related resources
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 1:08:32 PM

list rest of hardware. list monitor resolution.
July 9, 2013 1:10:07 PM

swifty_morgan said:
list rest of hardware. list monitor resolution.


Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop Form Factor; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33ghz; 5gb 1600mhz Kingston DDR2 RAM; 160gb Hitachi Deskstar HDD; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 256mb; 19" 1366x768 Monitor @ 60Hz
a c 101 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 1:17:01 PM

I would not put a GPU on that. 280W is way too low. And I doubt the PSU is of good enough quality to hit 280W.
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 1:28:16 PM

for nvidia this might be the best"?? if I had more time It might be possible to find something better. I don't know. For your resolution It should be decent.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

just hang in there a minute............... it says low profile but am looking a little harder. bracket doesn't look low profile and don't see an extra one or read of one.
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 1:38:11 PM

I'm disappointed I didn't see a bracket with that card nor can I find information that a low profile bracket comes with it. If you don't go with an amd card you'll be looking at a lesser card.
July 9, 2013 1:39:12 PM

swifty_morgan said:
I'm disappointed I didn't see a bracket with that card nor can I find information that a low profile bracket comes with it. If you don't go with an amd card you'll be looking at a lesser card.


I'd be willing to look at an AMD card if it fitts the bill.

Best solution

a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2013 2:02:02 PM
Share

what about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

pain in the arse trying to find a decent card with a low profile bracket included or attached. we're also at the apex of future cards coming out and the need to dry up the old from vendors.

maybe you can find one on alternate sites if you look. Just make sure it says low profile and that it actually has the low profile bracket installed on it or a bracket shown in a picture with that card as an extra add-on that you have to swap yourself.
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 6:50:08 PM

swifty_morgan said:
what about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

pain in the arse trying to find a decent card with a low profile bracket included or attached. we're also at the apex of future cards coming out and the need to dry up the old from vendors.

maybe you can find one on alternate sites if you look. Just make sure it says low profile and that it actually has the low profile bracket installed on it or a bracket shown in a picture with that card as an extra add-on that you have to swap yourself.


I confirm this choice - the best in this case, based on my experience with multiple Optiplex owners.
!