Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Asus M5A99FX default Audio Jack--Weird sound output.

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 9, 2013 1:50:39 PM

My Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard back side audio jacks doesn't work properly. The front ones work fine though.

The sound is not normal, like it misses vocal/lyrics sound and only music is audible sometimes. I really don't know how to put this but the sound is not normal.

I have put my siberia v2 jack in all the 3 different jacks provided on the back side to no avail.

What could be the issue? Or is it that this MoBO doesn't support stereo but only 8 channels speakers/headphones.

I even tried to connect both the cables; HD audio and ALC892 but both result in same distorted sound.
a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2013 3:07:07 PM

Hi
Sounds like you have got 5.1 or 7.1 enabled in realtek audio manager.
In these the centre speaker carries predominately voice which will then be missing from the other speakers.
your output jacks at the back will be front LR,Centre/Sub,Rear LR for 5.1,and for 7.1 an extra jack for the side speakers.
Each of these jacks carry separate audio information when in surround mode and if you plug into just one then it will not sound right.
You need to find the realtek audio manager on your task bar and right click it then change the speaker configuration to stereo and plug into the front LR speaker jack.
July 9, 2013 4:21:38 PM

This fail MoBo has only Centre, Sub and Rear LR at back side.

Front LR speaker jack is at the front side of the case.. so i have to use it there? and yes it sound fine when plugged into front jack.

But im not sure why we dont have a similar jack at the back of the case, like we have on other MoBo.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2013 12:41:40 AM

HI
Is one of the jacks coloured green if so this would be the stereo out.Some motherboards you can designate this socket as line in or stereo out.
Check in the realtek audio manager to change it.
July 10, 2013 6:54:28 AM

makkem said:
HI
Is one of the jacks coloured green if so this would be the stereo out.Some motherboards you can designate this socket as line in or stereo out.
Check in the realtek audio manager to change it.


The line out jack is green but it doesn't work.

The 3 speaker jacks aren't green.
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2013 9:08:43 AM

Yeah actually all the speaker jacks are at line out levels the lime green is front LR speakers and can also drive headphones.
If it is not working make sure there is nothing plugged into the front jack.
July 10, 2013 11:24:48 AM

makkem said:
Yeah actually all the speaker jacks are at line out levels the lime green is front LR speakers and can also drive headphones.
If it is not working make sure there is nothing plugged into the front jack.


By line out i meant, mic one is green...

there are two sets of jacks, above ones for speakers(none of them is green), bottom row of mics(one of the is green in color and it is the Line Out one.)

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2013 12:34:14 AM
Share

Right ,the bottom row lime green line out jack is the one meant for headphones.
This will only work if the mic is not plugged into the front panel.
July 18, 2013 12:55:55 AM

makkem said:
Right ,the bottom row lime green line out jack is the one meant for headphones.
This will only work if the mic is not plugged into the front panel.


Yes you were correct, lime one is for Headphones and the pink one for Mic.

It's working fine now.

Thanks.

!