Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can i Equip An ati Radeon Hd 7970 On a Amd Athlon x2 250 3.0 Ghz

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 9, 2013 2:44:23 PM

I Know its a bit silly but i only want to Play Assassin,s creed III on Medium quality at 30 FPS or Gta V AT Lowest Settings[/b]
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 2:46:03 PM

You could, but you'll get the most lethal bottleneck known to man.

Split the budget, then upgrade CPU and GPU simultaneously - perhaps a Phenom X4 965 with a 7850.

What motherboard do you have?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 2:49:52 PM

likey do better than that but I fully agree with the above post

965 is about 85 bucks or so

gtx 760 around 260-280 and you got a good thing happening

also please note 660ti which performs about the same is likely a bit cheaper now (look for deals)
If you insist on AMD 7870 Xt will be a pretty good buy as well and about 239
m
0
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a c 140 à CPUs
July 9, 2013 2:51:30 PM

^Agreed. Depending on what you have now and your total budget, a CPU upgrade will make a big difference.
The only time I'd put a HD7970 on a mobo with an Athlon II X2 250 would be if it were going to be a BTC mining rig, but that's not worth doing any more with 1BTC down to <$77 and the ASIC miners coming online.
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 4:07:15 PM

JRAtk94 said:
You could, but you'll get the most lethal bottleneck known to man.

Split the budget, then upgrade CPU and GPU simultaneously - perhaps a Phenom X4 965 with a 7850.

What motherboard do you have?

I Have an Msi 760 Gm-P33
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 4:13:34 PM

I Know I Should get a better Cpu but i want 2 get a great Video Card nw That will keep up with the nxt Generation Games and Get a Good Cpu after 3 or 4 months afterwards when i can get enough Money Im saying that at The Moment Should i get a powerful Cpu with An Ati Radeon Hd 4670 1gb or The 7970 or any Powerful Vga Card with The Athlon At The Moment That will Take The place of Xbox One and Ps4 and get a Good Cpu After wards!!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 4:19:16 PM

A good GPU is useless if you have a weak CPU.

What's your budget for this upgrade? Include your currency as well.
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 4:33:00 PM

JRAtk94 said:
A good GPU is useless if you have a weak CPU.

What's your budget for this upgrade? Include your currency as well.


400$ for a cpu Vidoe Card and a Motherboard
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 4:34:03 PM

You don't really need a new motherboard, but it would be handy, I suppose.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 4:40:29 PM

Upgrade without new motherboard -

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($256.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $351.96
Share
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 4:53:01 PM

You don't need a 7970 unless you're running at 1600p resolution, or you're running multiple monitors.

If you're using a single monitor that is at or below 1200p resolution, the 7950 is perfectly sufficient.
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 5:05:07 PM

JRAtk94 said:
You don't need a 7970 unless you're running at 1600p resolution, or you're running multiple monitors.

If you're using a single monitor that is at or below 1200p resolution, the 7950 is perfectly sufficient.


So These Gaming Gear Will Handle Gta v And will be somehow Up To Nxt Gen games?!!!!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 5:24:26 PM

Hard to tell, because system requirements for GTA V aren't yet known.

And it will handle next gen games for a while, but you'll eventually have to replace your motherboard in order to upgrade to a better CPU, then you'll have to upgrade your GPU again (probably in 2 years, approximately).
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 5:33:38 PM

JRAtk94 said:
Hard to tell, because system requirements for GTA V aren't yet known.

And it will handle next gen games for a while, but you'll eventually have to replace your motherboard in order to upgrade to a better CPU, then you'll have to upgrade your GPU again (probably in 2 years, approximately).


Thanks 2 years r Really Great Deal for Me I,ll Go with These Parts
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 5:39:35 PM

JRAtk94 said:
Hard to tell, because system requirements for GTA V aren't yet known.

And it will handle next gen games for a while, but you'll eventually have to replace your motherboard in order to upgrade to a better CPU, then you'll have to upgrade your GPU again (probably in 2 years, approximately).


when i will change The Cpu and The Board what The Gpu,s Reason to change it when u can change the Cpu and The MotherBoard Only I Believe The Gpu Is in Video Cards Right And I Believe The Video Card Is Pretty Good as Well
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 5:47:39 PM

The video card is good now, but in 2 years, it won't be.
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 6:40:49 PM

JRAtk94 said:
The video card is good now, but in 2 years, it won't be.


Will Itb In 2 years Be able to Run Games at Low Settings?!!!!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2013 6:44:12 PM

Yes, it'll probably be able to run on high settings or at least medium in 2 years.

But for very high or ultra, you'll need to upgrade.
m
0
l
July 9, 2013 7:27:26 PM

JRAtk94 said:
Yes, it'll probably be able to run on high settings or at least medium in 2 years.

But for very high or ultra, you'll need to upgrade.

Can U sUggest me Somethin
for up to Like 700$ cpu Vido CARD and MotherBoard
m
0
l
!