Solved

Laptop that can play games for under $400

I need help finding a new laptop that is under $400 that I can play games on at least on medium settings. The games I want to play on it are- Minecraft, Civilization 5, and Shogun 2 total war.

If you can find anything for me it would be much appreciated.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop play games 400
  1. I would not invest in a laptop at $400
  2. You'll be hard-pressed to find one, I tell you that.
  3. JRAtk94 said:
    You'll be hard-pressed to find one, I tell you that.


    So I couldn't find one in that budget if all I wanted it for was gaming I don't need a big hardrive or screen I just want something with a decent processor, graphics card, and 4-8 gigs of ram.

    Would I be better off at 500?
  4. Best answer
    The entry point for medium would be around 700$ or so. You can run them at low with an APUs iGPU at 768p though.
  5. Thanatos Telos said:
    The entry point for medium would be around 700$ or so. You can run them at low with an APUs iGPU at 768p though.


    Is upgrading a pc cheaper probably I have one that we got about 5 years ago and it could play games on medium to high settings. Is it still upgradeable is probably a better question lol
  6. weasleys7 said:
    Thanatos Telos said:
    The entry point for medium would be around 700$ or so. You can run them at low with an APUs iGPU at 768p though.


    Is upgrading a pc cheaper probably I have one that we got about 5 years ago and it could play games on medium to high settings. Is it still upgradeable is probably a better question lol


    Probably not. You might be able to keep the HDD and scrap everything else for about 100$.
  7. I feel for you my friend. I`m asuming you`re a fan of the Total War series. Been my favorite series since the days of the original Shogun. Civ as well. I originally wanted to buy a laptop for around the same price ($400) and quickly realized it wouldn`t be possible. I`d been out of the PC scene for nearly 8 years, I`d built my last desktop, but many a year ago. So now I`m looking at spending $1,000-$1,300. I need the laptop due to portability, otherwise I`d build a desktop for say $800 or so. It simply is what it is...you could build a semi-decent desktop for say $600 that should be able to play those games on medium.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Games Minecraft