Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gtx 650 ti, only 40-60% gpu usage on tombraider

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 10, 2013 12:06:11 AM

i am currently benchmarking my graphics card and the result tombraider and crysis 3 gave me were astonishing
metro last light ran on max settings with normal tesselation and AA and i achieved a 45-55fps throughout the game (even on the surface)
i am checking fps via evga precision and also gpu usage
it seems on tombraider and crysis 3 the gpu is not showing its true potential
Q8400
4gb ram 1333mhz
Delta 450watt psu
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 10, 2013 12:13:10 AM

How was your CPU usage in those games? Maybe your CPU is bottlenecking your VGA.
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 12:55:37 AM

Madn3ss795 said:
How was your CPU usage in those games? Maybe your CPU is bottlenecking your VGA.


cpu usage is 60 to 75% max
i ran metro and bioshock infinite comfortably
tombraider and crysis 3 are actually giving me a hard time
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 10, 2013 1:03:30 AM

That means both of your CPU and GPU didn't reach their highest potential yet. Check if one of them was overheated during gaming, maybe?
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 1:45:10 AM

Madn3ss795 said:
That means both of your CPU and GPU didn't reach their highest potential yet. Check if one of them was overheated during gaming, maybe?


actually i have very low temps in tombraider (due to 55% load i think) 55*c-60*c max (gpu temp)
my gpu temperature is usually 70*c during games (+- 2*c)
my cpu however has a temp of 73*c during tombraider
should i be worried, by the way there is a lot of dust in my hsf that i am constantly ignoring
also should i get a new coolermaster hsf (i currently have intel stock cooler)
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 5:22:49 AM

Madn3ss795 said:
That means both of your CPU and GPU didn't reach their highest potential yet. Check if one of them was overheated during gaming, maybe?


in Crysis 3
gpu usage 55% temp 57*C
cpu usage 99% temp 81*C
please help
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 10, 2013 5:31:41 AM

Simply means your CPU is bottlenecking your 650ti. There's no way to solve it unless you plan to get a new CPU, preferably an i5 since Crysis3 is highly CPU intensive and can take advantage of multi-core CPUs.
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 5:40:08 AM

Madn3ss795 said:
Simply means your CPU is bottlenecking your 650ti. There's no way to solve it unless you plan to get a new CPU, preferably an i5 since Crysis3 is highly CPU intensive and can take advantage of multi-core CPUs.


would a 2nd generation i5 work?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 10, 2013 5:43:57 AM

Yes it will. Just need to avoid 1st gen i5 since they're quite outdated now.
Share
!