Solved

ASUS New AI Suite III (Thermal Radar) Compatibility Question

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this please.

I currently have a Z77 Sabertooth and I use ASUS's AI Suite II for the Thermal Radar software to manage my fans, plus it has a few other handy features but mainly for the Thermal Radar as SpeedFan doesn't work and I've yet to find a better fan controller software as yet.

Here's my question, the new Z87 ASUS MoBos come with the new updated AI Suite III which includes Thermal Radar 2.0, so I was wondering if any experts out there could tell me if they think the new Thermal Radar 2.0 would be compatible with the older Z77 ASUS MoBos???

Thanks, would appreciate any advice.
Cheers
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus suite iii thermal radar compatibility question
  1. I don't think it would be as the probes are probably different and in different places.
  2. Drew010 said:
    I don't think it would be as the probes are probably different and in different places.


    Thanks for your reply.

    Yeah that's what I was thinking :-\ I just wasn't sure if maybe the software might still read at least the CPU sensor/probe and that would be good enough for me.

    Out of curiosity, do you know of any other decent fan control software out there that works properly on new MoBos??? I asked this about 7/8 months ago and only 2 or 3 people replied and all said SpeedFan, but it doesn't work. It won't read my CPU or GPU's temps, and I've read that a lot of people have the same problem with it.

    Thanks again
  3. I just use thermal radar for fans/temp but HWmonitor reads fan and temp speeds pretty well. I don't think you can control the fans through it though.
  4. Drew010 said:
    I just use thermal radar for fans/temp but HWmonitor reads fan and temp speeds pretty well. I don't think you can control the fans through it though.


    Yeah that's pretty much what I do. Thermal Radar for the case fans that ain't controlled by my fan controller, and RealTemp and HWInfo64 for monitoring temps.
    But as you said, HWInfo/HWMonitor and RealTemp don't control the speed of your fans.
    SpeedFan would be great, IF it actually worked :-\
  5. Best answer
    I've seen many issues with speedfan/thermal radar not working due to registry errors. I've actually encountered the thermal radar registry error issue twice. And also here is something I just found. It's a list of all ASUS MOBOs that speedfan is supposedly supposed to work with (notice Z77 Sabertooth, nor any Sabertooth board, is listed): http://www.almico.com/forummotherboards.php?man=254
  6. Drew010 said:
    I've seen many issues with speedfan/thermal radar not working due to registry errors. I've actually encountered the thermal radar registry error issue twice. And also here is something I just found. It's a list of all ASUS MOBOs that speedfan is supposedly supposed to work with (notice Z77 Sabertooth, nor any Sabertooth board, is listed): http://www.almico.com/forummotherboards.php?man=254


    Arhhh very nice find, thank you =)
  7. euphoria4949 said:
    Drew010 said:
    I've seen many issues with speedfan/thermal radar not working due to registry errors. I've actually encountered the thermal radar registry error issue twice. And also here is something I just found. It's a list of all ASUS MOBOs that speedfan is supposedly supposed to work with (notice Z77 Sabertooth, nor any Sabertooth board, is listed): http://www.almico.com/forummotherboards.php?man=254


    Arhhh very nice find, thank you =)


    No problem, just not sure if that is completely up to date. There is only one Z77 chipset board that I saw on there
  8. I think the creators have given up supporting it as from what I read nobody with a PC newer than 2010 has managed to get SpeedFan to work.
  9. euphoria4949 said:
    I think the creators have given up supporting it as from what I read nobody with a PC newer than 2010 has managed to get SpeedFan to work.


    Ah well there ya go
  10. Quick update. I decided to DL and install the new Thermal Radar 2.0, to see if it would have some functionality, but unfortunately it plainly won't install. It starts the install process but then crashes just a few seconds into it :-\

    Oh well it was worth a crack.
    Cheers
  11. Hi guys I'm looking the Thermal Radar 2 software and I can't find it. Is there any link I could download the program? Thx
  12. Pazuzu_Hanbi said:
    Hi guys I'm looking the Thermal Radar 2 software and I can't find it. Is there any link I could download the program? Thx


    Year old thread..... Necro :) Just look on the ASUS site dude, it's on nearly every single motherboard description. Do you even have a ASUS Z87 board though, because if you do, it would have come with it on disk.
  13. euphoria4949 said:
    Pazuzu_Hanbi said:
    Hi guys I'm looking the Thermal Radar 2 software and I can't find it. Is there any link I could download the program? Thx


    Year old thread..... Necro :) Just look on the ASUS site dude, it's on nearly every single motherboard description. Do you even have a ASUS Z87 board though, because if you do, it would have come with it on disk.


    I actually have Gryphon Z97 Armored AE I left my disc at my old house :( I looked already on ASUS websites and yes I did downloaded drivers but somehow after installation the software doesn't work.
    Cheers for quick respond.
  14. Pazuzu_Hanbi said:


    I actually have Gryphon Z97 Armored AE I left my disc at my old house :( I looked already on ASUS websites and yes I did downloaded drivers but somehow after installation the software doesn't work.
    Cheers for quick respond.


    Arrh ok. Just go to your MoBo's page on the ASUS site and download it from there. It's AI Suite 3 (III) you need. It's with all the other downloads for your MoBo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sabertooth Intel i7 Intel Motherboards Asus Fan Controller Software