Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building Gaming PC, I Need Few More Advice

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 10, 2013 11:48:34 AM

Hello eveyone, i got some advice here couple of days ago so i'm buying these three parts in a few days :

CPU, Motherboard, Video Card

Please give me advice for other parts. I won't need keyboard and mouse, screen is optional.

My main purpose is to play games at high settings without any problem. I Won't do Overclok. My budget for the rest of the parts is 500$-550$

Questions:

1- I tried and hated windows 8 so i'm planning to buy windows 7 as os. I wonder if this is a good call ?

2- Will I need a CPU fan ? (As i mentioned i'm not plannig to do overclock.)

More about : building gaming advice

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2013 11:57:52 AM

asmodeus21 said:
Hello eveyone, i got some advice here couple of days ago so i'm buying these three parts in a few days :

CPU, Motherboard, Video Card

Please give me advice for other parts. I won't need keyboard and mouse, screen is optional.

My main purpose is to play games at high settings without any problem. I Won't do Overclok. My budget for the rest of the parts is 500$-550$

Questions:

1- I tried and hated windows 8 so i'm planning to buy windows 7 as os. I wonder if this is a good call ?

2- Will I need a CPU fan ? (As i mentioned i'm not plannig to do overclock.)


Windows 7 is the best way to go, get a 3570K for a few bucks more, it runs cooler and generally better and a cpu fan will make the system quieter and cooler for only a couple bucks more. The Hyper 212 Evo is great for 30 dollars or a cheap closed loop if you can dish out 60 dollars. You may not want to overclock now, but that board, a K series cpu and a good cooler will give you amazing results. Make sure you get a good case and Psu for this as well, NEVER go cheap on a psu, if it fails, your whole build might burn. Corsair, Seasonic, Xfx, good for psu's and Corsair makes great cases too.
Share
July 10, 2013 12:08:02 PM

BranFlake5 said:
asmodeus21 said:
Hello eveyone, i got some advice here couple of days ago so i'm buying these three parts in a few days :

CPU, Motherboard, Video Card

Please give me advice for other parts. I won't need keyboard and mouse, screen is optional.

My main purpose is to play games at high settings without any problem. I Won't do Overclok. My budget for the rest of the parts is 500$-550$

Questions:

1- I tried and hated windows 8 so i'm planning to buy windows 7 as os. I wonder if this is a good call ?

2- Will I need a CPU fan ? (As i mentioned i'm not plannig to do overclock.)


Windows 7 is the best way to go, get a 3570K for a few bucks more, it runs cooler and generally better and a cpu fan will make the system quieter and cooler for only a couple bucks more. The Hyper 212 Evo is great for 30 dollars or a cheap closed loop if you can dish out 60 dollars. You may not want to overclock now, but that board, a K series cpu and a good cooler will give you amazing results. Make sure you get a good case and Psu for this as well, NEVER go cheap on a psu, if it fails, your whole build might burn. Corsair, Seasonic, Xfx, good for psu's and Corsair makes great cases too.


Thank you very much, i can give a few more bucks to K serie. So CPU fan is on the shopping list then.

If anyone can make a list of the parts i need that will be very helpful. Because i have zero experience at computer building.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 10, 2013 12:09:05 PM

BranFlake5 said:
get a 3570K for a few bucks more, it runs cooler and generally better


I disagree.
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 12:12:02 PM

csf60 said:
BranFlake5 said:
get a 3570K for a few bucks more, it runs cooler and generally better


I disagree.


Well I'm confused now :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2013 12:17:19 PM

asmodeus21 said:
csf60 said:
BranFlake5 said:
get a 3570K for a few bucks more, it runs cooler and generally better


I disagree.


Well I'm confused now :) 


It is worth a few bucks more and it is a higher binned (meaning tested to be better) chip
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2013 12:18:29 PM

csf60 said:
BranFlake5 said:
get a 3570K for a few bucks more, it runs cooler and generally better


I disagree.


I'm not saying within the OS, I'm talking about the chip itself.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2013 12:30:46 PM

its the same, only the K version is unlocked for overclocking and the other one is not, also i would suggest replace the GPU with a GTX 770
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2013 12:41:11 PM

jinayhvora said:
its the same, only the K version is unlocked for overclocking and the other one is not, also i would suggest replace the GPU with a GTX 770


You are not going to put a 770 in a 500 dollar build, get real. But yes you are right that K just means unlocked but it is worth it for a few bucks more.
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 12:47:17 PM

BranFlake5 said:
csf60 said:
BranFlake5 said:
get a 3570K for a few bucks more, it runs cooler and generally better


I disagree.


I'm not saying within the OS, I'm talking about the chip itself.


jinayhvora said:
its the same, only the K version is unlocked for overclocking and the other one is not, also i would suggest replace the GPU with a GTX 770


BranFlake5 said:
jinayhvora said:
its the same, only the K version is unlocked for overclocking and the other one is not, also i would suggest replace the GPU with a GTX 770


You are not going to put a 770 in a 500 dollar build, get real. But yes you are right that K just means unlocked but it is worth it for a few bucks more.


To clear things: My build is NOT 500$ i didn't add the price of CPU, Motherboard and Graphic Card because i already decided on them. 500$ is my budget on the REST of the parts. so it will be like 1300 $ at the end.

m
0
l
July 10, 2013 12:48:45 PM

jinayhvora said:
its the same, only the K version is unlocked for overclocking and the other one is not, also i would suggest replace the GPU with a GTX 770


Is this the one you suggest ? GPU
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2013 1:03:15 PM

asmodeus21 said:
jinayhvora said:
its the same, only the K version is unlocked for overclocking and the other one is not, also i would suggest replace the GPU with a GTX 770


Is this the one you suggest ? GPU


Okay, disregard all previous, but get a K cpu, 770, that one or an ACX from evga, cpu cooler and windows 7, hope it clears things up.
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 1:14:35 PM

BranFlake5 said:
asmodeus21 said:
jinayhvora said:
its the same, only the K version is unlocked for overclocking and the other one is not, also i would suggest replace the GPU with a GTX 770


Is this the one you suggest ? GPU


Okay, disregard all previous, but get a K cpu, 770, that one or an ACX from evga, cpu cooler and windows 7, hope it clears things up.


Yes that helps thank you very much.
m
0
l
July 10, 2013 1:30:46 PM

Can I get a RAM advice too please ?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2013 7:31:49 PM

asmodeus21 said:
Can I get a RAM advice too please ?


I recommend 8-16 GB (16 is overkill) 16 can be used in editing/3d/cad/motion graphics or ramdisk (basically ultimately fast tiny size SSD using ram) 1600 Mhz is a sweet spot IMO. Faster tends not to be worth the money but gives tiny amounts of performance. Get dual channel for better performance (either two or four dimms) NEVER EVER MIX RAM KITS, so many issues can occur in speeds, latency and it may not work or kill performance.

Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake. I am not a ram pro.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2013 12:57:45 AM

get the 770 from Gigabyte instead, its 50$ cheaper, and +1 to Bran on the RAM
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 3:13:57 AM

BranFlake5 said:

It is worth a few bucks more and it is a higher binned (meaning tested to be better) chip


I disagree again.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 9:21:59 AM

csf60 said:
BranFlake5 said:

It is worth a few bucks more and it is a higher binned (meaning tested to be better) chip


I disagree again.


I made a mistake about binning, that's only a graphics chip thing, but the unlocked multiplier is worth a few bucks.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 9:26:33 AM

jinayhvora said:
get the 770 from Gigabyte instead, its 50$ cheaper, and +1 to Bran on the RAM


Good suggestion on the 770, that one has a great cooling solution. It is really long though, so a roomy enough case is in order. Perhaps something from corsair.
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 10:22:08 AM

BranFlake5 said:
asmodeus21 said:
Can I get a RAM advice too please ?


I recommend 8-16 GB (16 is overkill) 16 can be used in editing/3d/cad/motion graphics or ramdisk (basically ultimately fast tiny size SSD using ram) 1600 Mhz is a sweet spot IMO. Faster tends not to be worth the money but gives tiny amounts of performance. Get dual channel for better performance (either two or four dimms) NEVER EVER MIX RAM KITS, so many issues can occur in speeds, latency and it may not work or kill performance.

Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake. I am not a ram pro.


I think i will go with 8 gb for now and update it to 16 in future if necessary.
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 10:26:09 AM

jinayhvora said:
get the 770 from Gigabyte instead, its 50$ cheaper, and +1 to Bran on the RAM


I was looking on this site and it made me confused. GPU

According to that table HD 7970 GHz Edition is better then Gigabyte GTX 770. I don't know which one to choose
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
July 12, 2013 3:53:46 PM

asmodeus21 said:
jinayhvora said:
get the 770 from Gigabyte instead, its 50$ cheaper, and +1 to Bran on the RAM


I was looking on this site and it made me confused. GPU

According to that table HD 7970 GHz Edition is better then Gigabyte GTX 770. I don't know which one to choose


Nvidia cards maintain better latency and most gamers say the performance and smoothness is noticeably better. The 7970 Ghz isn't really "better" than the 770. The 770 will probably get higher framerates. Tom's even recommends it over the 7970.
m
0
l
July 13, 2013 8:01:08 AM

BranFlake5 said:
asmodeus21 said:
jinayhvora said:
get the 770 from Gigabyte instead, its 50$ cheaper, and +1 to Bran on the RAM


I was looking on this site and it made me confused. GPU

According to that table HD 7970 GHz Edition is better then Gigabyte GTX 770. I don't know which one to choose


Nvidia cards maintain better latency and most gamers say the performance and smoothness is noticeably better. The 7970 Ghz isn't really "better" than the 770. The 770 will probably get higher framerates. Tom's even recommends it over the 7970.



Ok then i will make my last researchs and probably go with 770. Thanks again. And thats everything for now i guess :) 
m
0
l
!