Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Friend Gaming PC Help

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 11, 2013 1:42:10 AM


Approximate Purchase Date: Month or two
Budget Range: 1000 - 1300 ( anywhere in between)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Everyday casual use, video editing

Are you buying a monitor: No



Parts to Upgrade: Whole new system

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: pccasegear.com ( Or anywhere that ships to Australia for a reasonable price

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, NVidia GPU
Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe later down the line

Your Monitor Resolution: Not too sure
Additional Comments: Something that is good for that price range. I also noticed that a good gpu is cheaper on sites such as amazon, I am willing to buy from there if its cheapers with shipping

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Entering pc gaming.
More about : gaming australia

More about : friend gaming

a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2013 2:06:41 AM

Hey there, here is my recommendation for you..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($269.00 @ PCCaseGear)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($125.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.00 @ Scorptec)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($319.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Zalman Z5 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($19.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($105.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $1327.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-11 19:05 EST+1000)

Good luck and have fun.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 11, 2013 2:36:27 AM

n1ghtr4v3n said:
Hey there, here is my recommendation for you..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($269.00 @ PCCaseGear)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($125.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.00 @ Scorptec)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($319.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Zalman Z5 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($19.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($105.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $1327.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-11 19:05 EST+1000)

Good luck and have fun.


Im not too sure about haswell, whats the performance difference between the 3570k and the haswell chip you choose?
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 3:11:08 AM

KillerKaac said:
n1ghtr4v3n said:
Hey there, here is my recommendation for you..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($269.00 @ PCCaseGear)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($125.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.00 @ Scorptec)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($319.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Zalman Z5 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($19.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($105.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $1327.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-11 19:05 EST+1000)

Good luck and have fun.


Im not too sure about haswell, whats the performance difference between the 3570k and the haswell chip you choose?


5-10%
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 3:11:42 AM

Don't go for 16gb of ram like the first one.
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 3:20:54 AM

Emcardle said:
Don't go for 16gb of ram like the first one.


+1 I like the build but different ram...8gb corsair vengence @1600MHz and take the money you saved and get a ssd. I use a $100 samsung 840 120GB and I like it alot.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2013 4:42:56 AM

KillerKaac said:
n1ghtr4v3n said:
Hey there, here is my recommendation for you..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($269.00 @ PCCaseGear)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($125.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.00 @ Scorptec)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($319.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Zalman Z5 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($19.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($105.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $1327.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-11 19:05 EST+1000)

Good luck and have fun.


Im not too sure about haswell, whats the performance difference between the 3570k and the haswell chip you choose?


Relative difference in singlecore performance is boosted up to +13% in Haswell compared to IvyB. But IvyB supposed to overclock slightly higher compared to Haswell due to having larger dye size. But well... its 100-200MHz difference in real world, the difference can go up to 500MHz in testing environment with cherry picked parts.
Overall, I'd go for Haswell, its responds and computes faster at same frequencies. Plus its newer technology and more open to future updates.
But if you want to cut some more $$ you can safely choose 3570K too along, with Z77 chipset motherboard. You should be able to save 100$ in trade of 5-10% performance.
Share
!